If you have any questions or want more information about the roster update, visit here: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... .php?f=150
If you would like to help out with research and testing, please contact xECK29x via TBL or Steam or sign up via TBL here: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 50&t=16593
Download (Via the Steam Workshop): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =567307051
- NHL Update: Updated start date for alternative (Olympic year) schedule - should fix weird dates; and
- Russian Update: Fixed KHL alternative schedule and league structure, should fix crashing on 1.7.
*** We put a lot of work in to reduce crashes in the 12.1 release. If you still get a crash or error please report it here and provide me a copy of your save game:
https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 59&t=20353
- HockeyEttan issues: We are going to keep this as a playable league structure but we HIGHLY recommend not using it if possible. There are a lot of known issues with it and it's going to require extensive time to fix.
- Pooling of prospects on Maine High School hockey clubs, who end up staying there until turning pro. This appears to be a game bug, really weird issue.
- US NTDP clubs signing Canadian players, this appears to be due to game logic considering Canada as a "domestic" nation for United States leagues. This appears to be a game limitation, still investigating.
** FREE AGENCY GAME LIMITATIONS **
- Please note the game treats all free agents in year one of the sim as "on the market for a while" thus even Star player contract demands are likely to be a fraction of their real-life asks (maybe $4m max on a 1 year deal). There is nothing I can do to fix this with the DB. Years 2+ will be back to max contracts closer to real-life.
** RECOMMENDED SETTINGS **
- Use the default start date (United States if possible) and use a LARGE DB, we are no longer recommending the use of FULL database due to performance issues. If you still find day-to-day sim speed a little too long for your liking you can lower the DB size even further but keep in mind this will reduce the amount of non-playable clubs/leagues created.
*** DO NOT SELECT ALL LEAGUES, DUE TO A GAME ENGINE LIMITATION THIS WILL CAUSE A CRASH ***
--- Only select leagues you are interested in ever playing as a human-GM, or heavily scout from. There is no need to have all leagues selected for them to be included in the sim, it just removes the full detail of games and the historical data easily available for viewing.
Also it is recommended to use:
- Generate Extra Junior Players
- Retain All Teams
*** TWO DATABASES INCLUDED ***
- There are two .db files included, the secondary database file in the download folder includes IAmActuallyAnOtters generated prospects and staff added in to create 100+ years of deep NHL drafts and good staff from all IIHF countries. The default database does NOT have these extra prospects, so it is recommended you use 'Generate Extra Junior Players' at the start of the sim, however we find the prospects added into the secondary database are of higher quality then those the game generates, if you play the Pivot DB as well this is the default option. If you want
to use this DB just rename it to database.db in the Steam Workshop folder (should be located in: *\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\301120\567307051)
- If you use this database we recommend using the following settings when starting a new game:
- Disable All Extra Staff
- Disable All Extra Players
- Retain All Teams