Current and Potential Ability

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
markmck
Junior League

Post by markmck » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:18 pm

I'm just starting out with the Editor... great work on that BTW, it's amazing what a community can do to breathe new life into a game I've been playing for a very long time.

I'm tweaking an NCAA team to be much better than they have any right to be. What I need help understanding is the Ability parameters... how does that work?

I see elite NHL players with a potential ability of 198... and current ability somewhere below that.

But then I go to NCAA players and see a current ability of 70 and potential Ability of -13.

Does that mean that they are actually 13 'points' over their maximum ability of 57?

I guess I'm confused because in some cases it seems like an absolute value, and others it's a modifier to the current ability.

Also, as ability changes over time does that adjust the player attributes, or is that value their 'max'?

Thank you for your help.... I did read through some of the guides I found online, but didn't find specifics as far as how this game mechanic works.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Mark

markmck
Junior League

Post by markmck » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:31 pm

Of course I finally find the information immediately after posting...
https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... =13&t=4920

Thanks anyway!

Return to “Data Editing Forum”