EHM 2005 - HD or FULL HD resolution (skin)

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
slapstick44
Junior League

Post by slapstick44 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Hello, guys.

Is there any patch or way how to play EHM 2005 on higher resolution? I have 32" UHD monitor and text is pretty blurry. I see visible change against my previous 32" FHD monitor screen. I don't mind blurry skins, I just want to have text sharper if it is possible. Playing it in small window steals all joy.

How do you play this on today's monitors? Thanks.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Unfortunately this is the case when trying to upscale any low resolution application to a higher resolution display. The increased blurriness is because your UHD screen is trying to upscale the image to 4K whereas your FHD screen was only upscaling to 1080px.

One solution (assuming you have Windows 10) is to try the different scaling options in Windows. Right-click on the EHM 2005.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change High DPI Settings. Then tick the "High DPI Scaling Override" box and try the different options under the drop-down menu immediately below that box. You will need to try one setting and load EHM to see if it makes it better/worse. Then try the next setting and re-load EHM and so forth.

If that doesn't work, you could run the game in windowed mode and try reducing Windows' display resolution. This might help to some degree but will require switching back and forth between resolutions when you load and exit EHM.

Return to “Technical Support”