Adding a GM to coach a country?

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
Smirnov2Chistov
Prospect
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Wed May 13, 2020 5:35 pm

I’m not sure if I asked here before, but through the EHM Assistant, I was able to add Portugal and Brazil into the World Championships. When teams go ahead and start to hire coaches, Portugal and Brazil are unable to be selected.

Is there any way through the Editor or Assistant that I can change that to make the option available? As of right now, the computer just randomly picks players and leaves a ton of quality people out.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Wed May 13, 2020 8:00 pm

Have you added sufficient players of those nationalities to the database? IIRC you need something like a minimum of 128 players of that nationality in the game in order for the nation to be playable. You might be able to get around it with the Add Players to National Teams option when starting the game.

Looking at the Pivot/TBL Rosters, it looks like Brazil and Portugal have sufficient Development Status (Minor Hockey Nation). Maybe try upping their Reputation?

Something I'm not sure about is the effect of editing a saved game rather than just editing the DB pre-game. It usually isn't as simple as changing a setting in a saved game and it just working. So this could the source of the issue. My suggestion would be to add the nations to the WC via the DB and seeing if that makes a difference.

Return to “Data Editing Forum”