Game crashes constantly

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
alecsharks
Junior League
Favourite Team: San Jose Sharks

Game crashes constantly

Post by alecsharks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello there!

So I've been playing this game like a madman for a few years now but very recently it just crashes constantly whenever I try to create a new game (especially with a fantasy draft) ...

I literally can't play the game anymore, it just loads then crashes at the end of the 'initialization phase' 100% of the time.

Any idea as to why this is happening? I've encoutered this issue for years, but usually the game crashed maybe 1 time out of 10, now it's 10 times out of 10.

Thank you!

alecsharks
Junior League

Game crashes constantly

Post by alecsharks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:10 pm

By the way, I've tried reinstalling with steam many many times and it doesn't solve the issue.

TBIF
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canucks

Game crashes constantly

Post by TBIF » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:37 am

The current TBL rosters have just gotten very expansive for what the game was capable. There are some work arounds to get the current release working though.

What leagues are you selecting? Are you selecting Full/Large/Medium/Min for DB Size? What start date are you selecting? Is the game in your Hard drive folder or directly from Steam?

alecsharks
Junior League

Game crashes constantly

Post by alecsharks » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:19 am

I'm selecting only NHL, usually with a normal database, although I've tried with all other sizes and it didn't work. I'm using the regular start date (not the early one) and I'm not so sure about the folder ? I've tried to install in a steam folder on both my SSD hard drive or my HDD hard drive and neither worked.

Return to “General EHM Chat”