Issue when saving the game when selecting AHL or QMJHL - Custom DB

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
clarencecyborg
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal

Issue when saving the game when selecting AHL or QMJHL - Custom DB

Post by clarencecyborg » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:24 am

Hi folks!

I use EHM Editor to make a lot of edit (to reflect the transfers already done for example, or to add the Junior Canadian drafts up to date), and for now, when I try to create a new game selecting NHL only, everything works. When I select NHL and QMJHL, I can create the game but I cannot save it. I've create the new Vegas AHL affiliate and I've replaced San Antonio Rampage with this new team (editing the Team Affiliations, and Team divisions), but I don't know why it crashes.

I have the same behaviour with the QMJHL, where I made no changes (just renamed "Cape Breton Screaming Eagles" to "Cape Breton Eagles", but no other changes).

The real issue here is : when I try to save, the progress bar advances to like 65% and then the game closes. I don't have any error message to try to understand why... and the .sav file is 0 Kb. Do you know if there is a "crash dump" file, or a log file to explain where and why the game crashes when saving?

Thanks a lot.

Return to “Data Editing Forum”