Offical Tactics Thread: General / Even Strength

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
mrlincolncity
Junior League
Favourite Team: washington capitals

Post by mrlincolncity » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:00 am

Hello again!!!! We are the champions.... my friends....

mush
Prospect
Favourite Team: vancouver canucks
SBHL Team: San Jose

Post by mush » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:57 am

i have used unit tactics with personal tactics together . won two stanley cups online play and won 8 in a row offline with the canucks. now i just use unit tactics when i play offline or else i just dominate the cpu and i let my head coach run the team during the regular season except practise i always control the practise with II nor IM nor MM nor. i try to get coaches that have attacking or direct preference do to i like offense and my players win awards regularly . when the playoffs come input my unit tactics with only using personal tactics for hitting, aggression, fighting, joining the rush and pass shooting tendency. I am in no online leagues anymore used to be in 5 at one time but i couldnt get on for a month an due to inactivity was released from all 5 leagues . so i am currently running 3 seperate leagues offline and have a total of 3500 hours played on ehm. I bought ehm december 2016. this is the best gm game out there imo before i found this game i was playing ea nhl for xbox in total have been playing gm games since i was 10 years old i am 26 years old now :)

Heavyman
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: HC Dynamo Pardubice

Post by Heavyman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 am

Hello guys. I play old NHL EHM 2005 and I need help with individual instructions SHOOT/PASS BIAS and JOIN RUSH. I don't know how it set up right :-(

Saapas
Checking Line
Favourite Team: RoKi

Post by Saapas » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:07 pm

I think I've never used the "Join Rush" option on anyone but I tend to use pass/shoot simply by looking at which stats are higher for the player :-D

Jazon1234
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Post by Jazon1234 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:40 am

Guys, I try to set my lines with my players, I have (only forwards) 13 players t hat *could* play, role as follows:

Goalscorer: 5
Def Fwd: 2
Power Fwd: 1
Playmaker: 2
and then I have the luck to have Panarin (Skilled forward) and Ovie & Bäckström (Franchise Fwds) in my roster. Sadly I have no plan how to interpret these role. Bäckström Goalscorer I guess .... the others? Of course in real life they score a lot, but I could need some more playmakers for sure....

Despite you . dont know my full roster, how would you interpret the 3 guys and how should I set up my lines? assuming the ratings are pretty much okay (dont want to harass you with more names ;-) ). So Bäckström & Panarin as scorer and Ovie as Playmaker? then I have only 3 Playmaker but 6 scorer in my lineup (or 5 if I scratch one ....)

any tipps are highly aprecciated.

thx

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Well if you follow the real NHL...you can easily assume that Ovie is a goal scorer and that both Panarin and Backstrom are playmakers.

Return to “Game Knowledge Discussion”