The latest game in the Franchise Hockey Manager series by Out of the Park Developments is now available on Steam and OOTP’s webstore. Whatever you might have thought of the first FHM back in 2013, the game has really transformed over the past four years and FHM 5, just like FHM 4, marks a noticeable positive improvement for the series.
Once I have some spare time, I’ll try to write up a short review of how I am finding the game. In the meantime, here is a quick rundown of the key new features:
- Improved user interface which is more aligned with the Out of the Park Baseball user interface. Most notably, there is a shortcut menu bar down the right-hand of the screen which saves having to root through the menus to find frequently used screens.
- New and improved tactical settings with more settings and which, crucially, feel more intuitive than previous iterations.
- Team/player chemistry dynamics.
- Player and staff personalities.
- The re-introduction of online leagues.
- Up-to-date rosters for the 2018/19 season.