The Blue Line

HOW TO: Import an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss! Also the official home of the TBL Eastside Hockey Manager Roster Update Project (formerly known as the Manimal/Lidas Rosters).
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters. If we do have an estimated release date then we will post it in the Site News. Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases. The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Locating your EHM:EA installation folderImporting an EHM 2007 database into EHM:EALogo DimensionsWhere to install databases and graphicsTBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

HOW TO: Import an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1

Postby archibalduk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:23 pm

Eastside Hockey Manager Early Access has a different database format compared with EHM 2007. However, EHM:EA has a database import function which makes it easy to convert and import EHM 2007 databases.

There are three simple steps to importing a database:

1. Use an import_config.cfg file to apply any import settings you might need.

2. Copy the database to your data/database/ folder.

3. Import the database using the Import function in EHM:EA.

4. OPTIONAL: Tidy up your imported database folder.

1. Import_config.cfg

A database can be imported without an import_config.cfg file. In which case the game will import the data using the 2014/15 rule set and with a 2014/15 start date. If this is acceptable, then you can skip to step 2 below (i.e. “Copying your database to the Database folder”).

An example import_config.cfg file can be found in the data/database/historic 2006 folder (see our separate guide on how to locate your installation folder). You can edit this file using Notepad (it is just a plain text file). Alternatively, you can create a fresh file using Notepad and saving it as import_config.cfg (do not inadvertently save it with a .txt file extension).

The two essential commands that you must use in the file are:

Code: Select all
"START_YEAR" 2014
"DEFAULT_RULE_SET" 2014

The start year can be any year between 1970 and 2014 (i.e. 1970/71 – 2014/15).

The default rule set determines what rules and league structures will be used. This value can be either 2006 (i.e. EHM 2007 rules and structures) or 2014 (i.e. the 2014/15 rules and structures).

Optionally, it is possible to rename the league and tournament names on import (unlike EHM 2007, EHM:EA will accept renamed league names):

Code: Select all
"CHANGE_COMP_NAME" "Old long name" "New long name" "New short name" "New abbreviation" "New regular season trophy name" "New playoff trophy name"

# EXAMPLE:
"CHANGE_COMP_NAME" "Russian Superleague" "Kontinental Hockey League" "Kontinental Hockey League" "KHL" "Kontinental Cup" "Gagarin Cup"
"CHANGE_COMP_NAME" "Czech Elite League" "Czech Tipsport Extraliga" "Czech Extraliga" "" "" ""

Once you have finished setting up your import_config.cfg file, you should save it to the same folder as your EHM 2007 database .dat files.

Note that once the database has been imported, the import_config.cfg file no longer has any effect on the database. If you want to adjust the settings in import_config.cfg then you will have to re-import your EHM 2007 database.

2. Copy the database to your data/database/ folder

Please see our separate guide on how to find your EHM:EA installation folder. The data/database/ folder is located in your installation folder.

You should copy your EHM 2007 database files into a new sub-folder within your data/database/ folder:

3. Import the database using the Import function in EHM:EA

Load EHM:EA and click on “Import Database” from the main menu screen.

You will be prompted to select the EHM 2007 database to import. The start year is listed in brackets next to the name of each database. Click on OK and the game will start converting the database.

The process can take around 5 minutes. Once it is complete, you can select your imported database like usual from the “New Game” button.

4. OPTIONAL: Tidy up your imported database folder

Unlike EHM 2007, the database in EHM:EA consists of a single database.db file along with the usual .cfg files. Once EHM:EA has finished importing your database, you can safely delete all of the .dat files. This will probably save you around 35mb per database so it’s well worth doing if storage space is at a premium.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: HOW TO: Import an EHM 2007 database into EHM:EA

Postby Alessandro » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:34 pm

This doesn't work for me. I have the same structure as in your picture at the 2. point, but the list of DBs is empty when I click on Import Database.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby archibalduk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:46 pm

Alessandro wrote:This doesn't work for me. I have the same structure as in your picture at the 2. point, but the list of DBs is empty when I click on Import Database.

Are you trying to import an old EHM 2007 database or the new TBL Rosters v7.3?

The TBL Rosters v7.3 are already in EHM:EA format and so there's no need to import them. They'll just appear when you start a new game. Only EHM 2007 format DBs need importing.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Alessandro » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:49 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Alessandro wrote:This doesn't work for me. I have the same structure as in your picture at the 2. point, but the list of DBs is empty when I click on Import Database.

Are you trying to import an old EHM 2007 database or the new TBL Rosters v7.3?

The TBL Rosters v7.3 are already in EHM:EA format and so there's no need to import them. They'll just appear when you start a new game. Only EHM 2007 format DBs need importing.

Aaahh, I got it now.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby Asbeen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Will it be possible to import a saved game?
Asbeen
Drafted

Postby archibalduk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Asbeen wrote:Will it be possible to import a saved game?

No, I'm afraid not.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Ozil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:59 pm

How would I go about restoring the salary cap and values Archibald? I imported my edited roster and the salary cap's based on the changed ones from the 2007 version
Ozil
Junior League

Postby Manimal » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:13 am

Ozil wrote:How would I go about restoring the salary cap and values Archibald? I imported my edited roster and the salary cap's based on the changed ones from the 2007 version

With the EHM Updater you can export contracts from our EHM:07 version of the 7.3 rosters.
Then import that to your db with the Updater

You can get the Updater here:
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=11154
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  4 

Postby mpronger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:58 pm

I'm trying to import the 98-99 DB but I get the error that reads:
"cannot add an extict club (Columbus Blue Jackets) into a playable league National Hockey League!"
followed by: "Cannot find correct teams for American Hockey League (American Hockey League Atlantic Division) to make league playable!"

Then another error like the first one related to Indianapolis Colts in the ECHL, one from the Finish league, Dinamo Riga in RSL, and "Team cound from DB does not match count in basic rules for Western Hockey League"

Followed by a final error "There were errors when trying to create playable leagues, the original database may be corrupt and could not be imported correctly."

I then tried the same to 98-99 CJ version of the rosters, so the same message in both 98-99 version of the downloads available. :dunno:

If I use the 2006 ruleset instead of 2014, then I do not get the errors on Columbus and the other teams, but I get one that is "Team count from DB does not match team count in basic rules for American Hockey League". Also the final one regarding that there were errors creating a playable league. :-?

Any ideas of what I need to do to the DB to get this issue solved? Many thanks in advance :thup:
mpronger
Top Prospect

Postby archibalduk » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 pm

The Import function needs certain teams to be active in the DB when you're using the 2014 structures. This is because it is programmed with reference to Team ID numbers (e.g. Columbus is ID# 418). It will import those teams with certain ID numbers into the relevant league structures. You cannot change this using the Pre-Game Editor - hence why it does not like it that certain teams are inactive in the DB.

You're better off with the 2006 structures in game unless you want to start swapping around the teams.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby mpronger » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 pm

archibalduk wrote:The Import function needs certain teams to be active in the DB when you're using the 2014 structures. This is because it is programmed with reference to Team ID numbers (e.g. Columbus is ID# 418). It will import those teams with certain ID numbers into the relevant league structures. You cannot change this using the Pre-Game Editor - hence why it does not like it that certain teams are inactive in the DB.

You're better off with the 2006 structures in game unless you want to start swapping around the teams.

Hello. Many thanks for your input. I did try the 2006 structure, but the error then was "Team count from DB does not match team count in basic rules for American Hockey League"
mpronger
Top Prospect

Postby archibalduk » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Sounds like you changed the number of teams in the AHL?

Regardless of whether you use the 2006 or 2014 structures for the Import function, you must keep the 2006 structures in the EHM 2007 database.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby Manimal » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:53 pm

mpronger wrote:Hello. Many thanks for your input. I did try the 2006 structure, but the error then was "Team count from DB does not match team count in basic rules for American Hockey League"

2006 structure has 27 teams in the AHL. How many does your db have?
Manimal
EHM Rosters Man
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  4 

Postby mpronger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 am

Manimal wrote:
mpronger wrote:Hello. Many thanks for your input. I did try the 2006 structure, but the error then was "Team count from DB does not match team count in basic rules for American Hockey League"

2006 structure has 27 teams in the AHL. How many does your db have?

I just opened "1998-99 CJ Rosters v0.9" in EHM2007 Updater, under "league sizes" all leagues have "OK" next to them, AHL main division 27/27 AHL other division 0/0
mpronger
Top Prospect

Postby jetwing13 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Do you have to do anything special if you try to import a database twice? I imported a database without any issues the first time, then noticed some errors. When I tried to re-import it, none of those changes showed up when starting a new game. I tried copying and renaming the database folder, but that had no effect.
jetwing13
Junior League

Postby mpronger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:01 pm

jetwing13 wrote:Do you have to do anything special if you try to import a database twice? I imported a database without any issues the first time, then noticed some errors. When I tried to re-import it, none of those changes showed up when starting a new game. I tried copying and renaming the database folder, but that had no effect.

Do you mind telling me which database you successfully imported? I would like to try it here as the ones I have tried so far failed.
mpronger
Top Prospect

Postby paul4587 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Has anybody had any success importing CJ's 2006-07 rosters? I'm getting error messages saying the team count from DB does not match team count in basic rules for Finish SM-Liga and Swedish Allsvenskan. I have the import config in the 2006 structure. When I check the pre game editor the database has the same amount of teams for both leagues as the fake 2006 database.
paul4587
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 pm

jetwing13 wrote:Do you have to do anything special if you try to import a database twice? I imported a database without any issues the first time, then noticed some errors. When I tried to re-import it, none of those changes showed up when starting a new game. I tried copying and renaming the database folder, but that had no effect.

Did you first delete the database.db file that was created the first time around beforehand?

paul4587 wrote:Has anybody had any success importing CJ's 2006-07 rosters? I'm getting error messages saying the team count from DB does not match team count in basic rules for Finish SM-Liga and Swedish Allsvenskan. I have the import config in the 2006 structure. When I check the pre game editor the database has the same amount of teams for both leagues as the fake 2006 database.

That's strange. I'll try to take a look later this week/weekend.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby paul4587 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:05 pm

archibalduk wrote:

Thanks. I'll have a play around at some point too with other databases too and see if I can discover why it's not working.
paul4587
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:19 pm

paul4587 wrote:
archibalduk wrote:

Thanks. I'll have a play around at some point too with other databases too and see if I can discover why it's not working.

Sounds good. Let me know if you find anything out.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby jetwing13 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Did you first delete the database.db file that was created the first time around beforehand?

Yes, I deleted the database.db file that was created within the database folder. I am assuming that is the correct one, but I am not sure. It didn't show in the pick list in EHM when I started it again.
jetwing13
Junior League

Postby paul4587 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:24 pm

archibalduk wrote:
paul4587 wrote:
archibalduk wrote:

Sounds good. Let me know if you find anything out.

The original roster file and the TBL 1.1 files both import correctly but the UUDB 5.5 and UUDB 6.0 and 6.1 do not work. I'm trying to change the team names to match the original DBs but it doesn't look like that's the issue.
paul4587
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 pm

League/team names shouldn't be an issue. I would have thought it would be a league structure issue.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby mikewilliams11 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:36 am

Hi guys, I'm really confused about all of this. I've never had or played EHM 2007, and have never downloaded the pre-game editor either, however I want to be able to make changes to the database for EHM EA. Sooooo I downloaded the editor but from here I'm stcuk ](*,) I tried to follow the instructions but I lost track at the import config file. Also when I downloaded the roster update for EHM 2007, I have no idea where to put it so that I can edit it, any help would be massively appreciated!
mikewilliams11
Learning to skate

Postby ExxonPirate » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:11 am

Hey everyone.

I'm so freaking excited to see this game; I thought I'd be playing 2007 until I died.

Anyway. I've created a database in EHM 2007 that completely overhauled the AHL. I changed the name, and changed all the teams. In '07 it works flawlessly--haven't had a crash since I finished it--and I've imported it into EA. It went smoothly, and there were no errors during the importing process. However, when I start up a game the team names are not changed, and there are no rosters on any teams. I tried deleting and reimporting; I tried a bunch of things I thought would work, but to no avail.

Does anyone have an tips, or do the databases with custom teams/players not work?

Thanks.
ExxonPirate
Junior League

Next

Return to Game Add-ons & TBL Rosters Forum