The Blue Line

Custom Start Date Patch & Retro Launcher: Questions & Errors

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss! Also the official home of the TBL Eastside Hockey Manager Roster Update Project (formerly known as the Manimal/Lidas Rosters).
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters. If we do have an estimated release date then we will post it in the Site News. Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases. The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Locating your EHM:EA installation folderImporting an EHM 2007 database into EHM:EALogo DimensionsWhere to install databases and graphicsTBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

Custom Start Date Patch & Retro Launcher: Questions & Errors

Postby archibalduk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:55 pm

The Custom Start Date Patch (CSD Patch) allows you to change the starting year/season in Eastside Hockey Manager 2007.

This patch does not make any changes to the ehm2007.exe file or any other files on your computer. Similar to other cheat/memory utilities, the CSD Patch alters some of the temporary data stored in your computer's RAM whilst EHM is running. By making these changes, it tricks EHM into using a year of your choice when starting a new game.

You can download the patch here: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=8283

This thread is for any questions, support, problems or errors regarding the Custom Start Date Patch.

Discussion regarding development of the Patch should be posted in ArtMoney / CSD Patch Thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8087
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Custom Start Date Patch: Questions, Errors and Help

Postby archibalduk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

With the kind agreement of Manimal, I have uploaded a modified version of the Manimal/Lidas v3.2 rosters for use with the CSD Patch (i.e. with corrected dates of birth and extra_config.cfg file): https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=A0FA740E ... documents#
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby AdamOates » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:29 pm

It loaded up just fine for me. Awesome!
AdamOates
Prospect

Postby Nikki Nine » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:40 pm

The 2014 Olympics are played, but in Austria. The teams seem to be alright though (Austria, Canada, Finland, Kazakhstan, Sweden, Switzerland, Belarus, Czech Republic, Germany, Russia, Slovakia and the US) so it's not really that big of a deal.
Nikki Nine
Junior League

Postby goleafsgo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:32 am

it loaded up great for me aswell....love how histories show up...
goleafsgo
Junior League

Postby Leeman14 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:39 am

So far so good!

:joy:
Leeman14
Top Prospect

Trophies:  1   1   2

Postby AdamOates » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 am

So the next step is to create something that can mass change the Contract End Dates?
AdamOates
Prospect

Postby Alessandro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:43 am

Nikki Nine wrote:The 2014 Olympics are played, but in Austria. The teams seem to be alright though (Austria, Canada, Finland, Kazakhstan, Sweden, Switzerland, Belarus, Czech Republic, Germany, Russia, Slovakia and the US) so it's not really that big of a deal.

This is because the game was released when 2014 Olympics weren't assigned yet, so they weren't coded to be in Russia
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby jukomiko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 am

Didn't work, I did everything that is said in readme, but it just showed me - PATCH FAILED: 13 offset error(s) encountered.
Ensure that you have enabled Run as Administrator and have placed the Patch in your EHM 2007 installation folder.
jukomiko
Junior League

Postby Alessandro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:57 am

Try launch EHM and then use the launch only option.
Alessandro
TBL Rosters Man
Olympic Gold

Postby jukomiko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 pm

You mean "apply patch only" button? If so it's not working either
jukomiko
Junior League

Postby goleafsgo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:53 pm

i had the same problem when i tried it on my computer with xp , cause i couldnt run as administer...i installed on my windows 7 computer and i ran as administer and it worked perfect...and i had the same offset error...so that has to be the problem
goleafsgo
Junior League

Postby jukomiko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:02 pm

goleafsgo wrote:i had the same problem when i tried it on my computer with xp , cause i couldnt run as administer...i installed on my windows 7 computer and i ran as administer and it worked perfect...and i had the same offset error...so that has to be the problem

I work as admi... so it can't be problem
jukomiko
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Hey jukomiko,

If nothing else, the "Apply Patch Only" button should work without any problem. If you use the "Run as Administrator" option then it should work. When you load the application, do you get the User Access Control message (see this screenshot as an example)? If you're not getting this message then you're not using the Run as Admin option.

Note that it's not sufficient to be logged into Windows with an admin user account. You must still use the Run as Admin option.

Here's guidance from Microsoft with regards to using the "Run as Administrator" mode (note the bit I've put in bold underline below):

Microsoft wrote:1. Right-click the application’s shortcut, and then click Properties.
2. In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
3. Do one of the following:
A) To apply the setting to the currently logged-on user, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK.
B) To apply the setting to all users on the computer and regardless of which shortcut is used to start the application, click Change Setting For All Users to display the Properties dialog box for the application’s .exe file, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK twice.

The application will now always run using an administrator access token. Keep in mind that if you are using a standard account and prompting is disabled, the application will fail to run.

Here's the link to the original article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/maga ... 31742.aspx

There's also some information regarding Win XP (which seems to be the same method as Vista/7) here: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 022AACYMya
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:45 pm

Nikki Nine wrote:The 2014 Olympics are played, but in Austria. The teams seem to be alright though (Austria, Canada, Finland, Kazakhstan, Sweden, Switzerland, Belarus, Czech Republic, Germany, Russia, Slovakia and the US) so it's not really that big of a deal.

As no hosts have been set in EHM for the 2014 Olympics, it will randomly choose a host just like it would if you started with the original 2006 start date. This is a topic to be discussed in the Development Thread, but I want to see if I can get the original hosts (i.e. those nations that would have hosted it had the game been loaded with the original 2006 start date) for each of the tournaments for a future version of the CSD Patch. This is because if we can get the original hosts in the CSD Patch then it might make it possible to edit those hosts.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby archibalduk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:35 pm

I've just noticed that for all leagues you must use the patch when reloading the game until you have reached approximately 1st January of the first season otherwise you will encounter the WC bug. I'll update the guidance in the readme.txt and the Patch window as soon as possible once I have confirmed the exact date you must use the patch until.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby jukomiko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:38 pm

archibalduk wrote:Hey jukomiko,

If nothing else, the "Apply Patch Only" button should work without any problem. If you use the "Run as Administrator" option then it should work. When you load the application, do you get the User Access Control message (see this screenshot as an example)? If you're not getting this message then you're not using the Run as Admin option.

Note that it's not sufficient to be logged into Windows with an admin user account. You must still use the Run as Admin option.

Here's guidance from Microsoft with regards to using the "Run as Administrator" mode (note the bit I've put in bold underline below):

Microsoft wrote:1. Right-click the application’s shortcut, and then click Properties.
2. In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
3. Do one of the following:
A) To apply the setting to the currently logged-on user, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK.
B) To apply the setting to all users on the computer and regardless of which shortcut is used to start the application, click Change Setting For All Users to display the Properties dialog box for the application’s .exe file, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK twice.

The application will now always run using an administrator access token. Keep in mind that if you are using a standard account and prompting is disabled, the application will fail to run.

Here's the link to the original article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/maga ... 31742.aspx

There's also some information regarding Win XP (which seems to be the same method as Vista/7) here: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 022AACYMya

Thanks for help, but it looks like it won't wor for me because I can't find this - "Run This Program As An Administrator check box" - it just isn't there
jukomiko
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:49 pm

jukomiko wrote:Thanks for help, but it looks like it won't wor for me because I can't find this - "Run This Program As An Administrator check box" - it just isn't there

Try using the ArtMoney method of patching EHM. This version is still a bit buggy but it'll at least allow you to see if this method works:

Download this AMT file: download/file.php?id=265

1) Download and install ArtMoney (you just need the freeware special edition): http://www.artmoney.ru/e_download.htm

2) Run ArtMoney (ideally with Admin Privileges).

3) Load EHM but do not click on the New Game button or any other buttons yet.

4) Load ArtMoney, click on File -> Open and select the AMT file.

5) In ArtMoney, Click on Edit -> Select all. This will select all of the addresses listed in the right hand column.

6) Click on Edit -> Set value. This will bring up the Set Value pop-up window.

7) In the Set Value pop-up window there are two boxes. In the Value box enter the start year you would like (e.g. 2011). In the Step box enter 0 (zero). Then click on OK.

8) In EHM, click on the New Game button.

9) When the screen comes up with the list of leagues to start a new game, what start date does it say in the bottom right corner?
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby jukomiko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 pm

archibalduk wrote:
jukomiko wrote:Thanks for help, but it looks like it won't wor for me because I can't find this - "Run This Program As An Administrator check box" - it just isn't there

Try using the ArtMoney method of patching EHM. This version is still a bit buggy but it'll at least allow you to see if this method works:

1) Download and install ArtMoney (you just need the freeware special edition): http://www.artmoney.ru/e_download.htm

5) In ArtMoney, Click on Edit -> Select all. This will select all of the addresses listed in the right hand column.

7) In the Set Value pop-up window there are two boxes. In the Value box enter the start year you would like (e.g. 2011). In the Step box enter 0 (zero). Then click on OK.

9) When the screen comes up with the list of leagues to start a new game, what start date does it say in the bottom right corner?

Now it shows 2011, so it is working this way
jukomiko
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 pm

So you definitely have the two required packages installed? In other words, these two:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=5555
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (or higher) - http://www.microsoft.com/net

If so then it sounds like there's some possible incompatibility with XP. I can try to write another patch for you that runs in a command prompt rather than using the window. Perhaps this might help... I'll work on something within the next few days and will contact you by PM when something is ready to test.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby jukomiko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:06 pm

I installed and reinstalled them, but it looks like there's something not right with compatibility to my XP
jukomiko
Junior League

Postby archibalduk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:23 pm

jukomiko wrote:I installed and reinstalled them, but it looks like there's something not right with compatibility to my XP

Ok thanks. I'll work on an alternative patch to see if we can get it working for you. I'll send you a PM when it's ready.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST use the CSD Patch when reloading your game until you have reached 1 February of the first season (or 1 July at the end of the season for Finland/Russia). I'd previously stated that you must use it until 1 October but this is incorrect because otherwise you'll encounter the WC bug. Many apologies for this. This particular testing permutation hadn't occurred to me until just now.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby batdad » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:24 pm

apology not accepted. You should be perfect. How dare you slip up on such an absolutely essential thing. :-D :razz: :\ =P~
batdad
Mr Technology
The Great One

Trophies:  24   11   10

Postby archibalduk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:32 pm

:bag:

:-D
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Postby sharkfan19 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:11 pm

archibalduk wrote:

I was having the same issue as @jukomiko. I think the problem is the patch running in XP. You can "run as administrator" by right click on the file and then click on "run as", followed by selecting Administrator and then entering the password, but that still didn't work for me. However, I did try your ARTMoney method, and that worked for me. Do we have to use this method each time before loading up the game like the patch?
sharkfan19
Learning to skate

Next

Return to Game Add-ons & TBL Rosters Forum