International tournaments

This is the place to discuss all aspects of the TBL Roster Update for Eastside Hockey Manager. Report data mistakes, volunteer to be a researcher or simply discuss any aspect of the TBL Rosters here.
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters.

Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
Amien
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Canucks

International tournaments

Post by Amien » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Hello. Will be updated promotions/relegations in the World Championships, WJC?

BKarchitect
Fourth Line

Re: International tournaments

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

FYI - there will be updated fields for all the World Championships in the next NHL36 database - if the TBL team has yet to update the 10.0 database, feel free to copy info from my database.

This may be old hat to the TBL team but I finally figured out how the game processes the fields for each of the tournaments. The info is under the Nations tab...you will see an IIHF score and IIHF (WC and WJC) positions. The important one is the "Last Season".

So I went in and re-did all the IIHF scores to current and filled in the IIHF fields (for senior team, have yet to edit the junior teams) to the correct position for last season (2017 results).

Started the game and this got me close but not quite. As we know, there were promotions and relegation from the 2017 tournament in real life. So how do we incorporate those into this seasons (2018) correct divisions?

Well, it turns out, when EHM draws the field for the 2018 WC tournaments (September 1, 2017 in-game date), it kind of automatically promotes and relegates from the last season based on the nation's IIHF score. So while inputting the actual IIHF scores will result in technically correct world rankings - it will cause EHM to screw up the divisional alignments for the 2018 IIHF events. For example, the main WC is a 16-team event. This year, South Korea is one of the teams involved - they got promoted from D1A. But since their actual IIHF score is below that of Slovenia (who got demoted to D1A from the main event) - EHM would not let South Korea get drawn into the main WC division for 2018.

To correct this, I simply adjusted a few IIHF scores here and there...and...viola!

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2018 - ACTUAL FIELD
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2018 - IN-GAME

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - D1A 2018 - ACTUAL FIELD

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - D1B 2018 - ACTUAL FIELD

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - D2A 2018 - ACTUAL FIELD

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - D2B 2018 - ACTUAL FIELD

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - D3 2018 - ACTUAL FIELD

Looks like for 2018, D3 was reduced to 6 teams instead of 7...so the UAE is actually not in it (there were 8 teams last year and 7 coded into the game, Bosnia got relegated). That should be a pretty easy fix to the D3 league structure.

BKarchitect
Fourth Line

Post by BKarchitect » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:57 pm

There is a little bit of a hiccup when arranging divisions for the WJC tournament because EHM uses that same IIHF score that determines the senior WC divisions to determine the WJC divisions. And in real life, they are not totally linked like that.

Consider that the main senior WC tournament has a field of 16. Well the WJC is a field of 10 and the WJC Divisions 1 (D1A in real life) is a field of 6...that adds up to 16. So the teams that make-up the WC at the start of the game will always make-up the entire WJC field as well.

What I did do was re-arrange some IIHF scores so that the complete senior WC divisions (WC, D1A, D1B, D2A, D2B and D3) remain accurate while the main WJC tournament will also be accurate for 2018. The only hiccup is in the WJC DIvision 1 where I am forced to field Norway and South Korea because of their senior team status in lieu of actual participants Kazakhstan and Hungary. If I boost Kazakhstan or hungary's IIHF score to appear in the WJC Division 1, they will also then appear in the main 16-team senior WC which is not accurate. And I'd rather have the main senior WC and the main WJC tournaments accurate that worry about a slight error in the initial WJC Division 1 setup.

So...

WJC 2017-18 - ACTUAL FIELD
WJC 2017-18 - IN-GAME

WJC Division 1 2017-18 - ACTUAL FIELD
WJC Division 1 2017-18 - IN-GAME

marksbros6
TBL Rosters Researcher

Post by marksbros6 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Top work BK, this has been a bugbear for me for a little while as I do enjoy the international management.

Is there a way to add in the lower WJC groups? Or did we decide that that was still a hardcoded thing?

Return to “TBL Rosters”