EHM Challenge #46

Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.
Forum rules
Don't forget to check out your General Manager Profile to help gauge your performances in the Challenges! You can also look back at your career history on your Challenge Career History Profile.

Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 pm

All discussion regarding Challenge #46 (Montreal Canadiens) goes here!
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,873
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.96
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 pm

Nice - Glad to see we have a new challenge up and running. Even better to see we're playing with Montreal. Good Luck everyone
smdesroches
Junior League
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 pm
Points: 0.34

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby pucku33 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 am

This is my second challenge - Thanks for doing this!

10-10 after 20
Drouin two hat tricks (goal league leader with 17)
Montoya struggling (0-3 3.51)

Enjoying this challenge quite a bit!
pucku33
Junior League
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 9:53 pm
Points: 0.11

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby Canadian Passport » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:54 pm

OMG, I'd better get crackin' !

I didn't bother checking the forum because Archi said he needed help and it didn't look like he was going to get it so I thought I'd wait awhile to check back.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do. Plus, I've never played with the Habs before so this should be fun.
Canadian Passport
Prospect
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:58 pm
Points: 0.91

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 am

Can anyone clarify FA signings and how much we can offer? There was some talk of modifying the values slightly.
smdesroches
Junior League
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 pm
Points: 0.34

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:05 am

The 2010 rules seem outdated. I posted newer version that we have been playing with below.
Last edited by smdesroches on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
smdesroches
Junior League
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 pm
Points: 0.34

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 am

Note and reference for future challenges: I think we should have started from the same gave save

Code: Select all
archibalduk and bruins72 clarified some basic updates on the rules in our last couple of challenges and since the 2010 list was published.  I suggest the following:

1) We may add a GM for our AHL affiliate, the Laval Rocket, if we'd like to control them as well.
2) Fog of War should be enabled
3) We'll be starting the game with the standard U.S. start date. (August 13th, 2017)
4) At this time, you are allowed to hire and fire any non-player staff that you have. You may also offer contracts to any players that you own the rights that aren't currently under contract (shown under "Unsigned Prospects/Players"). You can also re-sign your players and staff that you have under contract already. Feel free to move players between your NHL and minor league rosters as you see fit.
5) There will be no trades, waiver claims, or UFA signings in the first season! The second season starts July 1st.

The following rules with be enforced from this point...

Trades:
1 for 1, 1 for 2, 2 for 1, and 2 for 2 deals allowed.
You'll be allowed a total of 3 trades per season.
Any players involved in trades must be under contract. No "player rights" trading allowed!
There will be no age restrictions on players traded this time. In the past we limited it to younger players.
Draft picks are allowed as components of the deal, except 1st rounders. Only picks for the upcoming draft are allowed.
Example : Player for a 2nd round pick, 2 players for a 2nd and a 3rd round Pick, or Player for Player, and so on.

Budget:
We're not dealing with a budget this challenge. Just stay within the NHL salary cap and whatever budget the board gives you.

Others Points:
No waiver claims allowed!
UFA signing is allowed. Either 2 players for $850k or less OR 1 player for $1.6M or less allowed each season.  (Updated from $525K & $1M from the past)

You may run your AHL affiliate. You don't have to coach the games for your affiliate. You can even "Go On Vacation" with your AHL GM and check in occasionally. What you do there is totally up to you.
You must coach your NHL games and you may NOT go on vacation with your NHL GM.
It's recommended that you keep backup saves in case you have to go back. I usually have a save for every quarter.

Standard stats logging and screenshots will be required!
Go to [url]https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/challenge_upload.php[/url] to upload your stats each quarter.
Go [url]?[/url] to post your screenshots at the end of each season. Look at some of the other users screenshots from previous challenges if you're not sure what you should be taking screenshots of.


ADMIN NOTE: Just to clarify that the above are NOT the rules of this Challenge. Standard rules will apply, as indicated in the original announcement. - Archi
smdesroches
Junior League
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 pm
Points: 0.34

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby braeden » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 am

Give this a start tomorrow, should be interesting!
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby archibalduk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Canadian Passport wrote:I didn't bother checking the forum because Archi said he needed help and it didn't look like he was going to get it so I thought I'd wait awhile to check back.


Yeah it looks like nobody is going to offer to help. :dunno:

I will continue to create new Challenges where I can, but I don't have the time to look into the rules (which need updating IMO) and I can't commit to creating them as frequently as Bruins72 did. So it'll just be standard rules unless someone wants to step in and run the Challenges - and it will largely be up to the experienced users here to answer any queries on rules.
User avatar
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team
 
Posts: 18,873
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 pm
Points: 199.96
Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby braeden » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Lost Hudon on waivers to the Flyers at game 9. Oh well, he didn't seem very useful. Currently 5-2-2.


Would be nice to see more people playing. :-)
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby stone169 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Is this challenge being done with just the regular TBL10.0 Rosters? Just wondering as I can't seem to find a game download like the other challenges.
User avatar
stone169
Checking Line
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Points: 14.39
Trophies:  2   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby MWE » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 pm

braeden wrote:Lost Hudon on waivers to the Flyers at game 9. Oh well, he didn't seem very useful. Currently 5-2-2.


Would be nice to see more people playing. :-)


I'll start soon
MWE
#1 Tom Sestito Fan
Stanley Cup Winner
 
Posts: 1,492
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:43 pm
Points: 18.93
Trophies:  1   1

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby braeden » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 am

stone169 wrote:Is this challenge being done with just the regular TBL10.0 Rosters? Just wondering as I can't seem to find a game download like the other challenges.

With the 10.1 Rosters found here: viewtopic.php?t=18775
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 am

smdesroches wrote:ADMIN NOTE: Just to clarify that the above are NOT the rules of this Challenge. Standard rules will apply, as indicated in the original announcement. - Archi


Oops apologies for any confusion. Was just trying to help and thought the rule set from 2010 was out-dated.
smdesroches
Junior League
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 pm
Points: 0.34

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby 30Tanner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Haven't been able to put in as much time as I would like, but finished the first quarter 14-5-1, with Patches and Galchenyuk leading the league in scoring.

As an aside, I had no idea Price's contract was that monstrous. Dear god.
30Tanner
Junior League
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:12 am
Points: 0.11

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby stone169 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm

I've been dealing with injuries to my defence in the first 40 games. Lost Petry early for 2 weeks, then I lost Weber for 2 months, then I lost Schlemko for 10 days, etc, etc, etc....

Finally managed to have a healthy team for a few games closer to the 40 mark, and then I lose Petry again. At least this time it was only for a week.

Good think I have the best goalie in the world, or else this season would have been over in the first two months.
User avatar
stone169
Checking Line
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Points: 14.39
Trophies:  2   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:14 am

Halfway through the 2017-18 season. Currently sitting in 5th in the East with a 24-18-2 Record.
Drouin (38), Paccioretty (36), Galchenyuk (31), and Weber (25) are leading the team offensively. Gallagher (17) & Danault (7) have been disappointments compared to real life. Shaw has been a complete wrecking ball with 154 pim. I keep looking for ways to adjust his tactics so his excessive penalties don't hurt the team. Price has been a beast playing in 41 of 44 games and going 23-16-2 with a 2.46 GAA and .915 SV%.

Ended up returning Mete, Juulsen, and Bourque for another year of Junior.
Reway (29), Audette (27), and Lernout (21) have been leading the way in Laval.

Surprised to see my Assistant GM listing Lindgren #1, Ikonen #2, Bourque #3, Mete #4, and Friberg #5 as our top 5 prospects.
smdesroches
Junior League
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 pm
Points: 0.34

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby braeden » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:20 am

smdesroches wrote:Halfway through the 2017-18 season. Currently sitting in 5th in the East with a 24-18-2 Record.
Drouin (38), Paccioretty (36), Galchenyuk (31), and Weber (25) are leading the team offensively. Gallagher (17) & Danault (7) have been disappointments compared to real life. Shaw has been a complete wrecking ball with 154 pim. I keep looking for ways to adjust his tactics so his excessive penalties don't hurt the team. Price has been a beast playing in 41 of 44 games and going 23-16-2 with a 2.46 GAA and .915 SV%.

Ended up returning Mete, Juulsen, and Bourque for another year of Junior.
Reway (29), Audette (27), and Lernout (21) have been leading the way in Laval.

Surprised to see my Assistant GM listing Lindgren #1, Ikonen #2, Bourque #3, Mete #4, and Friberg #5 as our top 5 prospects.


I fired the original AGM and got a new one. He's listing Lindgren #1, Scherbak #2, Poehling #3, Mete #4, and Primeau #5.

Noah Juulsen is very disappointing as he's supposed to be one of the Habs better prospects. Looks like he'll develop into an AHL guy potentially.
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby stone169 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Tried to sign Kevin Hayes. He took a long time to decide on who he was going to go with, and he decided Florida. I guess the Boston boy just couldn't bring himself to play for Montreal.

Ended up signing Spooner instead.

Now I'm right against the cap. Hoping that waivers will be the answer and I know that I can trade at least one player for a pick. Don't really want to, but I'll see what happens after training camp.
User avatar
stone169
Checking Line
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Points: 14.39
Trophies:  2   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby braeden » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:44 am

stone169 wrote:Tried to sign Kevin Hayes. He took a long time to decide on who he was going to go with, and he decided Florida. I guess the Boston boy just couldn't bring himself to play for Montreal.

Ended up signing Spooner instead.

Now I'm right against the cap. Hoping that waivers will be the answer and I know that I can trade at least one player for a pick. Don't really want to, but I'll see what happens after training camp.


Wow, you're already done your 1st season. Mind posting how your draft went?
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby stone169 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:02 am

braeden wrote:
stone169 wrote:Tried to sign Kevin Hayes. He took a long time to decide on who he was going to go with, and he decided Florida. I guess the Boston boy just couldn't bring himself to play for Montreal.

Ended up signing Spooner instead.

Now I'm right against the cap. Hoping that waivers will be the answer and I know that I can trade at least one player for a pick. Don't really want to, but I'll see what happens after training camp.


Wow, you're already done your 1st season. Mind posting how your draft went?

Did I mention that I got swept in the 1st round by New Jersey?

1 Ty Emberson
2 Xavier Bouchard
2 Mick Messner
2 Jack Randl
3 Brady Tkachuk
5 Semyon Gadzhiev
User avatar
stone169
Checking Line
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Points: 14.39
Trophies:  2   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby braeden » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:15 am

stone169 wrote:
braeden wrote:
stone169 wrote:Tried to sign Kevin Hayes. He took a long time to decide on who he was going to go with, and he decided Florida. I guess the Boston boy just couldn't bring himself to play for Montreal.

Ended up signing Spooner instead.

Now I'm right against the cap. Hoping that waivers will be the answer and I know that I can trade at least one player for a pick. Don't really want to, but I'll see what happens after training camp.


Wow, you're already done your 1st season. Mind posting how your draft went?

Did I mention that I got swept in the 1st round by New Jersey?

1 Ty Emberson
2 Xavier Bouchard
2 Mick Messner
2 Jack Randl
3 Brady Tkachuk
5 Semyon Gadzhiev

Heh, I saw that. That sucks. Probably gonna happen to me, lacking a lot of depth scoring from my team. Drouin is pretty much carrying my team besides Patches/Plekanec/Lehkonen/Chucky.

You had a nice draft. Sweet steal of Tkachuk in the 3rd round!
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby stone169 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:35 am

We'll see how Tkachuk turns out. I think Gadzhiev may be a steal. He stuck around during training camp, but I don't sign 18 year olds unless their already high in depth chart.
User avatar
stone169
Checking Line
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Points: 14.39
Trophies:  2   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby braeden » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:23 am

stone169 wrote:We'll see how Tkachuk turns out. I think Gadzhiev may be a steal. He stuck around during training camp, but I don't sign 18 year olds unless their already high in depth chart.

I'm trying my best to catch up. Just got past game 60.
braeden
Top Prospect
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm
Points: 5.30
Trophies:  1   2

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:44 am

End of Season 1 Update
Major injury to Price (broken leg - 5 months) down the stretch combined with Drouin missing 14 games and Pleks 11 saw us stumble to finish line with a 42-35-5 record and 9th in the East.
Team had trouble scoring with only 210 Goals For and a very poor power-play (12.7%).
Leading scorers were: Pacioretty (61), Galchenyuk (59), Drouin (52), Gallagher (45), and Weber (44)
Added Guy Boucher as an Assistant Coach late in the season when he was fired by the Sens

Laval missed the playoffs by 1 point (35-34-7)
Leading scorers were: Reway (52), Baun (46), Lernout (46), Audette (44), and Holland (38)

Unsigned Players that I have to figure out between April 16th and June 30:
Mitchell
Hemsky
Plekanec
Terry
Davidson
Jerabek
smdesroches
Junior League
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 pm
Points: 0.34

Next

Return to Challenge Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests