EHM Challenge #46

Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Think you're a good EHM GM? Our GM Challenges dare you to take over a team and make it a winner. The Challenge Forum and Centre are the hubs of our Challenges.
Forum rules
Don't forget to check out your General Manager Profile to help gauge your performances in the Challenges! You can also look back at your career history on your Challenge Career History Profile.

Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby archibalduk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 pm

All discussion regarding Challenge #46 (Montreal Canadiens) goes here!
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Re: Challenge #46 - Montreal Canadiens - Discussion Thread

Postby smdesroches » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 pm

Nice - Glad to see we have a new challenge up and running. Even better to see we're playing with Montreal. Good Luck everyone
smdesroches
Junior League

Postby pucku33 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 am

This is my second challenge - Thanks for doing this!

10-10 after 20
Drouin two hat tricks (goal league leader with 17)
Montoya struggling (0-3 3.51)

Enjoying this challenge quite a bit!
pucku33
Junior League

Postby Canadian Passport » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:54 pm

OMG, I'd better get crackin' !

I didn't bother checking the forum because Archi said he needed help and it didn't look like he was going to get it so I thought I'd wait awhile to check back.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do. Plus, I've never played with the Habs before so this should be fun.
Canadian Passport
Prospect

Postby smdesroches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 am

Can anyone clarify FA signings and how much we can offer? There was some talk of modifying the values slightly.
smdesroches
Junior League

Postby smdesroches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:05 am

The 2010 rules seem outdated. I posted newer version that we have been playing with below.
Last edited by smdesroches on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
smdesroches
Junior League

Postby smdesroches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 am

Note and reference for future challenges: I think we should have started from the same gave save

Code: Select all
archibalduk and bruins72 clarified some basic updates on the rules in our last couple of challenges and since the 2010 list was published.  I suggest the following:

1) We may add a GM for our AHL affiliate, the Laval Rocket, if we'd like to control them as well.
2) Fog of War should be enabled
3) We'll be starting the game with the standard U.S. start date. (August 13th, 2017)
4) At this time, you are allowed to hire and fire any non-player staff that you have. You may also offer contracts to any players that you own the rights that aren't currently under contract (shown under "Unsigned Prospects/Players"). You can also re-sign your players and staff that you have under contract already. Feel free to move players between your NHL and minor league rosters as you see fit.
5) There will be no trades, waiver claims, or UFA signings in the first season! The second season starts July 1st.

The following rules with be enforced from this point...

Trades:
1 for 1, 1 for 2, 2 for 1, and 2 for 2 deals allowed.
You'll be allowed a total of 3 trades per season.
Any players involved in trades must be under contract. No "player rights" trading allowed!
There will be no age restrictions on players traded this time. In the past we limited it to younger players.
Draft picks are allowed as components of the deal, except 1st rounders. Only picks for the upcoming draft are allowed.
Example : Player for a 2nd round pick, 2 players for a 2nd and a 3rd round Pick, or Player for Player, and so on.

Budget:
We're not dealing with a budget this challenge. Just stay within the NHL salary cap and whatever budget the board gives you.

Others Points:
No waiver claims allowed!
UFA signing is allowed. Either 2 players for $850k or less OR 1 player for $1.6M or less allowed each season.  (Updated from $525K & $1M from the past)

You may run your AHL affiliate. You don't have to coach the games for your affiliate. You can even "Go On Vacation" with your AHL GM and check in occasionally. What you do there is totally up to you.
You must coach your NHL games and you may NOT go on vacation with your NHL GM.
It's recommended that you keep backup saves in case you have to go back. I usually have a save for every quarter.

Standard stats logging and screenshots will be required!
Go to [url]https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/challenge_upload.php[/url] to upload your stats each quarter.
Go [url]?[/url] to post your screenshots at the end of each season. Look at some of the other users screenshots from previous challenges if you're not sure what you should be taking screenshots of.

ADMIN NOTE: Just to clarify that the above are NOT the rules of this Challenge. Standard rules will apply, as indicated in the original announcement. - Archi
smdesroches
Junior League

Postby braeden » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 am

Give this a start tomorrow, should be interesting!
braeden
Top Prospect

Trophies:  1   2

Postby archibalduk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Canadian Passport wrote:I didn't bother checking the forum because Archi said he needed help and it didn't look like he was going to get it so I thought I'd wait awhile to check back.

Yeah it looks like nobody is going to offer to help. :dunno:

I will continue to create new Challenges where I can, but I don't have the time to look into the rules (which need updating IMO) and I can't commit to creating them as frequently as Bruins72 did. So it'll just be standard rules unless someone wants to step in and run the Challenges - and it will largely be up to the experienced users here to answer any queries on rules.
archibalduk
Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
TBL Admin Team

Trophies:  1   2   1

Return to Challenge Forum