Wow...this project I've been working on for two years is finally going to see a release! Just doing "final tweaks" this long weekend...
Thought I'd post a general overview of "big things" that I didn't get to and will have to wait for the first update (maybe Christmas?)...and a general overview of the "big things" that are part of the initial release...
All players still require further review to make them a better representative of the real life player…but they’re not bad right now! I estimate each group of “historical players” (minor hockey, Major Junior, AHL/CHL and NHL) will take many weeks to further edit. And so “they’re as good as they’re going to get!” For now…
1. The Bantam and PreJunior minor hockey players still require further review and editing (and team placement); all of the "minor hockey" players need additional editing in light of recent "increased Attribute awareness/knowledge"
2. The AHL and CHL players still require further review and editing as players (and the vast majority have not been reviewed and contracted to an NHL team as applicable...they're just contracted to their AHL/CHL team)
3. There are additional WHL and OHL players to be added (using 1974-75 WHL/OHL Guides)
4. Additional Staff – AHL/CHL plus Major Junior
5. There are additional minor hockey players to be added (using Major Junior Guides/Yearbooks from years well after 1974)
What I’ve learned and really solidified a grasp on about Attributes in the last ten days will help me immensely when I do get to looking further at the Attributes for the player groups I’ve listed above – but each group is about 1000 players and there’s dozens of Attributes for each player! Maybe some/all of this editing will be done by year end???
6. Creating “minor hockey leagues” for Europe/Russia
7. Populate European/Russian Elite Leagues with historical players
Each of these two tasks (6 and 7) will likely take months to complete! Realistically it’s just not likely I’ll be completing these tasks anytime soon (if we get an EHM Updater for EHM 2005 it’s more likely) – likely between now and year end I’ll add “some’ younger historical Europeans/Russians (can’t say how many really) That’s what’s not ready yet…here’s what is ready, and soon to be released!
- Created a historical NHL from 1974 by combining the two NA pro leagues (NHL and WHA…for those that might not know there were 2 major pro hockey leagues from 1972-1979 in North America)
- Created historical AHL by combining 27 historical minor pro teams from IRL 1974
- Created a historical CHL (14 of 16 teams) by using the remaining historical pro teams from IRL 1974
- Historical NHL rosters as of 1974!
- Historical NHL Staff! Many created from retired players to increase the number of Assistant Coaches and Scouts
- AHL/CHL players 100% populated with historical (minor pro) players
- Major Junior teams (WHL-OHL-QMJHL) 100% populated with historical players
- Created hundreds of historical "minor hockey" players who are age 1-16 at game start-up (used these players to populate the Mite, Tyke, Atom, Novice, PeeWee, Bantam and PreJunior "minor hockey" Leagues I created)
- Correct Stanley Cup, League/Team Records and Individual Awards (Art Ross, Vezina, etc) history
- Correct IRL NHL and WHA history/stats for all NHL players
- Some historical Europeans/Russians players (about 100 total)
- Free Agent modern Players and Staff have been deleted! As have modern Players/Staff from European/Russian Elite First Division/Junior!
- Significant review and editing of Players and Staff AttributesAND…due to the fabulous work of user XenHL the complete overhaul of all NHL, AHL, CHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL and QMJHL teams will come complete with historical/vintage team logos!!!
AND…again to the fabulous work of XenHL the contracted to NHL team players all have player pics!!!
AND…thanks to B. Stinson with have “center ice logos” for all 30 NHL 1974 teams!!! And if desired the trapezoid can even be removed from the ice for that retro look!!!
Hopefully those that try it out will enjoy it, and find it “immersive”