EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 5842
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by nino33 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:32 pm

lordxuqra wrote:I signed up for an account just to say this, and I can't PM people but: I know I'm not the first person to ask for this, but I'm a developer and I would be very interested to help with EHM Assistant. I know garfild has been awesome about updating it, but if it was open source we would be able to get a lot of these things. done faster.
I know NOTHING about coding/programming....but given from the release of the game (March 26) to the release of the initial EHM Assistant (May 5th) was only a little over a month, couldn't you or someone else make your own Editor and release it as open source?

lordxuqra
Learning to skate
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 pm
Favourite Team: Washington Capitals

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by lordxuqra » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:18 pm

nino33 wrote:
lordxuqra wrote:I signed up for an account just to say this, and I can't PM people but: I know I'm not the first person to ask for this, but I'm a developer and I would be very interested to help with EHM Assistant. I know garfild has been awesome about updating it, but if it was open source we would be able to get a lot of these things. done faster.
I know NOTHING about coding/programming....but given from the release of the game (March 26) to the release of the initial EHM Assistant (May 5th) was only a little over a month, couldn't you or someone else make your own Editor and release it as open source?
There are a lot of things to consider, but when I have a little more time this week or weekend I intend to look into it. It just makes sense to build and maintain through a shared strategy.

Donut
Learning to skate
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by Donut » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:06 pm

I’m running EHM through Wine, which might influence things, but I tried loading EHM Assistant and the blue panel came up and said something along the lines of “reading offsets,” and then it “loaded.” The problem is, all the tabs said that the lists were empty, and the options to list all/filter players were grayed out. I used EHM Assistant successfully only a few days ago, and the only thing that I can think that has changed is I updated to a newer Wine version. Has anyone else seen this/know how to fix it?

gogeta110
Junior League
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 am
Favourite Team: New York Rangers

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by gogeta110 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:41 am

Yes, my EHMA isn't able to load the data at this point, might be because of an update to EHM

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 5842
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by nino33 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:58 pm

gogeta110 wrote:Yes, my EHMA isn't able to load the data at this point, might be because of an update to EHM
There's been no recent update to EHM; I just used the EHM Assistant and it worked fine for me.....

User avatar
StarboardWinger
Junior League
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by StarboardWinger » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 am

What's the difference between EHM assistant and EHM1 database/save game editor?

User avatar
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Posts: 19059
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by archibalduk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 am

The Assistant is largely a saved game viewer with some limited editing functions (IIRC). The EHM Editor is a database editor and allows limited saved game editing.

User avatar
Ukko
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:14 am
Favourite Team: Blackhawks, Sharks, Finns, EK65.
Location: Lyon - FRA

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by Ukko » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:49 am

Quick question as advanced search didn't bring up previous messages about this :

Is it possible to change team name ? It seems not but I wanted to make sure, as I can change finances, colors etc but not the team name/short name/nickname.

User avatar
Realpity
Prospect
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:05 am
Favourite Team: North Bay Battalion
Location: Canada

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by Realpity » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Quick question, I've read through and am confused between what can be done with Editors and Assistants ... for the guru's ... what do I need to edit/create/assign players ?
With the old 2007 pre-game editor I'd fix up players and add new prospects ... the OHL is my thing, and specifically the Battalion (if my profile pic didn't give it away), one player has been listed as 5'10 147lbs through all the various roster updates and is actually 6'5 and 218lbs ... so little things like that I like to update, also add stats histories and adjust CA/PA/Attributes as needed ...
If I read everything right I believe Assistant is what I want, but maybe Editor for histories ?!?
Thanks much

User avatar
nino33
Mr. Goalie
Posts: 5842
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am
Custom Rank: Retro Rosters Specialist
Favourite Team: 1970s hockey

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by nino33 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Realpity wrote:Quick question, I've read through and am confused between what can be done with Editors and Assistants ... for the guru's ... what do I need to edit/create/assign players ?
With the old 2007 pre-game editor I'd fix up players and add new prospects ... the OHL is my thing, and specifically the Battalion (if my profile pic didn't give it away), one player has been listed as 5'10 147lbs through all the various roster updates and is actually 6'5 and 218lbs ... so little things like that I like to update, also add stats histories and adjust CA/PA/Attributes as needed ...
If I read everything right I believe Assistant is what I want, but maybe Editor for histories ?!?
Thanks much
I don't believe you can create players or move/assign players from team to team with the Assistant (and with the EHM Editor you can edit the actual database, while with the Assistant you're only editing that particular saved game.....if you use the Assistant and want to start a new game you'll lose all the editing you did)

User avatar
Realpity
Prospect
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:05 am
Favourite Team: North Bay Battalion
Location: Canada

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by Realpity » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Okay, so with Assistant if I want to update basics like height/weight etc it's for that specific game ... each time. Thanks for the reply !

Gabisonfire
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:31 pm
Favourite Team: MTL

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by Gabisonfire » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:52 am

lordxuqra wrote:
nino33 wrote:
lordxuqra wrote:I signed up for an account just to say this, and I can't PM people but: I know I'm not the first person to ask for this, but I'm a developer and I would be very interested to help with EHM Assistant. I know garfild has been awesome about updating it, but if it was open source we would be able to get a lot of these things. done faster.
I know NOTHING about coding/programming....but given from the release of the game (March 26) to the release of the initial EHM Assistant (May 5th) was only a little over a month, couldn't you or someone else make your own Editor and release it as open source?
There are a lot of things to consider, but when I have a little more time this week or weekend I intend to look into it. It just makes sense to build and maintain through a shared strategy.
I'm with you 100% on that, feel free to contact me if you need any help. I'm reachable on discord @ Gabisonfire#1766
I'm the author of some smaller tools like the EHMLauncher and Progress Tracker. I'm currently learning how to read process memory with the goal being to extract the ISS Top 200 that would really help out in my online league.
Anyways, I hope we hear from garfild at some point and push this awesome project even further.

insayn3
Learning to skate
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 3:23 am
Favourite Team: Tampa Bay Lightning

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by insayn3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Unfortunately I cannot seem to get it to work, despite using it frequently in the past.

I can start it up, but when I load my saved game (it finds it according to the logs) no player data pops up.

EArk
Junior League
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:29 am

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by EArk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Can you give free agent players a team with this editor? Can you extend a contract with it?

konnan511
Junior League
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by konnan511 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:15 am

Garflid, once again when I save a shortlist, some times it won't import into the game. Two days ago it worked, but today when I save a shortlist, the game says ' could not be loaded' when trying to import a shortlist.

pretzalcoatl
Junior League
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:26 pm
Favourite Team: Capitals

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by pretzalcoatl » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Any idea how to change minimum player salary/buried contract cap relief/etc. etc.

djide9
Learning to skate
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Favourite Team: Montreal canadiens

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by djide9 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi ! I play EHM with the Steam version. I want to use the EHM Assistant so i downloaded it but i can't run it. When I open it, nothing happened. I had try to run it as administrator, with compatibility problems, but same thing happenned : NOTHING :(

Can someone can explain me why i can't run the darn thing ? :(

zbguy
Top Prospect
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by zbguy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:19 pm

You have to run it while the game is running with the file you want to use it with

Knightsfan87
Learning to skate
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:46 am
Favourite Team: Vegas Golden Knights

Re: EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by Knightsfan87 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 am

I'm having an issue getting it to work as well. I'm using the steam version. I start the game, load my save, then open EHM Assistant, click "Load Game" and it tells me "Save Game Not Loaded". Any suggestions? Not sure whats going on.

hainesy93
Learning to skate
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:20 pm
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by hainesy93 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm

gramicci wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:12 pm
Nevermind that, I solved it myself. Just needed to open the assistant with "Run as admin". Sorry about that..
Dont be sorry ... you just solved the problem for me. I searched for literally 3 hours trying to figure out why!!

THANKS A MILLION FOR THE UPDATE!

hainesy93
Learning to skate
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:20 pm
Favourite Team: Ottawa Senators

EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by hainesy93 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm

ROAD BLOCK #2 however that I cant figure out.

WHICH FILE DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD?

Thanks for any help!!

Running: EHM 1.0 28875

A Direct link would be much appreciated, I have tried a few different ones, but to no avail.
I am not the sharpest in the world when it comes to computers, but you guys on the forum have
helped me enhance my game to be awesome!

and for that, I thank you also!

pretzalcoatl
Junior League
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:26 pm
Favourite Team: Capitals

EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by pretzalcoatl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:59 am

lordxuqra wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:57 pm
I signed up for an account just to say this, and I can't PM people but: I know I'm not the first person to ask for this, but I'm a developer and I would be very interested to help with EHM Assistant. I know garfild has been awesome about updating it, but if it was open source we would be able to get a lot of these things. done faster.
seconded, still

i've got some of the record structures figured out but I can't manage to figure out how they're organized

pretzalcoatl
Junior League
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:26 pm
Favourite Team: Capitals

EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by pretzalcoatl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:40 pm

also, the "all rules" button in the competitions tab doesn't work any more so you can't change salary cap

Gabisonfire
Junior League
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:31 pm
Favourite Team: MTL

EHM Assistant: A saved game editor/scout

Post by Gabisonfire » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:19 pm

pretzalcoatl wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:59 am
seconded, still

i've got some of the record structures figured out but I can't manage to figure out how they're organized
I pmed you, if you can reach me on discord: Gabisonfire#1766

Post Reply

Return to “Data Editing Forum”