Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

This is the place to discuss all aspects of Franchise Hockey Manager by OOTP Developments.
Post Reply
User avatar
Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:54 pm
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by Alessandro » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:32 pm

FHM5 will be released next Oct. 5 with the public beta starting on Monday (Oct. 1) for those who preorder (10% of discount).
News and screenshots here: https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0235/

zbguy
Top Prospect
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by zbguy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:17 am

I'm glad they made some progress in league customization, and the new interface looks great (though it'd be even greater if a dark mode were available). I feel okay about the additions. Hopefully next year they can finally give the league customization mode the overhaul it needs and make it more like OOTP's system.

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:44 pm
Custom Rank: FHM Developer

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:11 am

zbguy wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:17 am
I'm glad they made some progress in league customization, and the new interface looks great (though it'd be even greater if a dark mode were available). I feel okay about the additions. Hopefully next year they can finally give the league customization mode the overhaul it needs and make it more like OOTP's system.
Regarding additional skins: our graphic designer is working on many different projects at the moment, so his time for FHM is limited. But Malte and I will look into the possibility to at least make it as easy as possible for him to do a second skin to choose from in the future. Long term a light and dark skin would be best. :)

SkierP20
Prospect
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by SkierP20 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:41 pm

4 day public beta? Okay.....

User avatar
Named
TBL Rosters Researcher
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:34 pm
Custom Rank: League structures guru
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks
Location: PL

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by Named » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Looks good. What about other leagues? I can't find full list of available leagues.

User avatar
Alessandro
Olympic Gold
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:54 pm
Custom Rank: TBL Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Team Russia
WHL Team: Calgary Flames

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by Alessandro » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Same leagues as FHM4

User avatar
StarboardWinger
Junior League
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by StarboardWinger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:12 pm

This game is great. I can honestly say it almost rivals EHM1 in terms of addictiveness. The customization is great too.

oldfatbaldguy
Junior League
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:18 am

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by oldfatbaldguy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Did the match engine ever get much better? To me the crucial difference between EHM and FHM is that in EHM, the games are fun to watch. This might be because EHM comes from a company with a flagship that is a soccer game and FHM's developers got where they are with a baseball game -- text is enough for baseball, really.

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:44 pm
Custom Rank: FHM Developer

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:04 pm

oldfatbaldguy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:32 pm
Did the match engine ever get much better? To me the crucial difference between EHM and FHM is that in EHM, the games are fun to watch. This might be because EHM comes from a company with a flagship that is a soccer game and FHM's developers got where they are with a baseball game -- text is enough for baseball, really.
I guess you mean the way a game is displayed and in that case the answer is: no, we don´t have a true 2D mode right now. It will be a lot of work to add one to the game and up until now we just did not have the resources to do so. It is on our long-term list to do since we of course get a few requests for it from time to time. :)

oldfatbaldguy
Junior League
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:18 am

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by oldfatbaldguy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Yes, that is what I meant, Sebastian. I'm sure it's better since FHM1, which is what I played, and I think the importance of this is a matter of taste, not objective quality. I play a lot of OOTP, and its display of the games keeps getting better and better, but I'd be playing just as much if it was text commentary. When it comes to real-life baseball, fairly often I just turn on the radio.

Sebastian Palkowski
OOTP Developments
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:44 pm
Custom Rank: FHM Developer

Franchise Hockey Manager 5 announced

Post by Sebastian Palkowski » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah, OOTP did great improvements to the in-game experience over the last 3-4 years (going 3D) and long-time that will be the same goal for FHM. But OOTP was able to do so by adding great talent to the development team over the years, something we have still to accomplish with FHM. But we are happy with the way FHM evolves now and we are happy to start with the development of FHM 6 in a few days. :)
oldfatbaldguy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 pm
Yes, that is what I meant, Sebastian. I'm sure it's better since FHM1, which is what I played, and I think the importance of this is a matter of taste, not objective quality. I play a lot of OOTP, and its display of the games keeps getting better and better, but I'd be playing just as much if it was text commentary. When it comes to real-life baseball, fairly often I just turn on the radio.

Post Reply

Return to “Franchise Hockey Manager”