Club Histories [EHM 1]

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Club Histories [EHM 1]

Post by archibalduk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:37 pm

I just thought I'd mention that the club histories in the starting database refer to the division in which the team played rather than the league. However, when you sim in-game, the histories generated for the NHL refer to the conference and not the division. See for example the screenshot below which shows that all of the club histories added in the database refer to the Central Division. However, when I simmed the 2017/18 season, the game added an entry relating to the NHL conference standings with the NHL name rather than the divisional standings (Nashville finished dead last in the NHL when I simmed the 2017/18 season per the screenshot below - i.e. 31st in the NHL and 15th in the Western Conference). I haven't checked many other leagues, but I can see for the EIHL the game uses the overall league position rather than conference position.

I thought I'd mention this in case anybody is working on updating club histories. I think the easiest thing to do is to clear all existing data and recreate it from scratch. I suspect for the TBL Rosters I'll initially add the overall league position (e.g. Nashville would be listed as 31st rather than 15th in the above example) and then correct it later on as it is much easier to create a spreadsheet with overall standings for all leagues initially.

I should also mention that any cup tournaments should not be included in the club histories as there is no provision in the database to include cup club histories. EHM saved games seem to keep these in a separate data table and just record how far the club progressed (e.g. semi finals, etc).

P.s. the reason the histories are generally so far out of date is because the histories in the database were never visible in EHM 2007 (and we have only recently been able to import these via spreadsheets using the EHM 1 Editor).

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Club Histories [EHM 1]

Post by archibalduk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:41 am

It seems there is a bug in EHM with the club histories. If you try to view the club histories for a team which is not in a selected league you will encounter a crash if you click on the "Domestic Leagues" option from the drop-down menu. I thought perhaps this was an issue with a history entry I imported into the DB, but it is fine if I select the team's league as active when starting a new game.

This isn't an issue for any team which has histories for one league only as the Domestic Leagues option only appears if there are histories relating to multiple leagues. Even with the league active, the team's histories still don't appear quite right as the filter drop-down menu will not show any entries for histories relating to leagues other than one league unless you view the Domestic Leagues screen.

I don't know if I have explained this well, so here's an example: Let's say I have added a bunch of EIHL and Scottish National League entries to the Fife Flyers' histories. If I start a new game with just the NHL selected, I will get a crash if I select "Domestic Leagues" from Fife's club histories screen. If I select the EIHL or SNL from the drop-down menu, no entries are displayed.

If I start a new game with the EIHL loaded, I will no longer get a crash when viewing the Domestic Leagues screen for the Fife Flyers. Instead, it correctly shows all of the EIHL and SNL entries. Similarly, if I select EIHL from that same menu, it will correctly show all EIHL entries for Fife. However, if I select the SNL, it shows a blank screen even though there are some entries - and even though the SNL entries appear on the Domestic Leagues screen.

Return to “Data Editing Forum”