EHM 2004/2005/2007 On Windows 10 - How to run

Having difficulty installing or running EHM? Having trouble purchasing the game through Steam? Unable to get an addon or patch to work correctly? This is the place to ask for help! Please note that this is purely unofficial support offered by the TBL community.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
Rigafan
Junior League
Favourite Team: Dinamo Riga

Post by Rigafan » Wed May 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Just noticed a few people, old posts, asking how to get it working.

I felt your pain, I had some messages to Riz and he really tried and tried and now it works after trying everything this is what I did...

Install the games (I have all on disc) + update them (download.com seems to still have the files and some are on here)

Run in ADMIN mode is set in my properties

Go to game copy world website, get the NO CD FIX for the latest update, copy and paste into your EHM folder containing the .exe of the game - it will work. OBVIOUSLY make sure you own the game before getting a NO CD FIX or that's kinda bad. [-X

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun May 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks for sharing. We don't allow discussion of piracy on here but I think it's fair to make an exception for a game which is so old and can otherwise no longer run on modern Windows. I have been running EHM 2004 via an Windows XP installation running in VirtualBox - but that's arguably a bit more faff than running it natively in Windows 10.

Rigafan
Junior League
Favourite Team: Dinamo Riga

Post by Rigafan » Thu May 30, 2019 9:56 am

archibalduk wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:59 pm
Thanks for sharing. We don't allow discussion of piracy on here but I think it's fair to make an exception for a game which is so old and can otherwise no longer run on modern Windows. I have been running EHM 2004 via an Windows XP installation running in VirtualBox - but that's arguably a bit more faff than running it natively in Windows 10.
No problem, I was a bit wary if to post it or not but being in the situation where you just want to play one of the old versions again, then you get blank screen or error it was killing me. So I don't even know why I decided to try the NO CD I'd just ran out of every other option!

Appreciate you understanding!

Return to “Technical Support”