ECHL Salary Cap

Discuss specific areas of EHM knowledge; such as players, trading, drafting, tactics, training, practice etc. Teach us what you've discovered or ask others for their thoughts.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
taylor91
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: San Jose Sharks

ECHL Salary Cap

Post by taylor91 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 am

I'm new to the game so apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. I'm playing as the Idaho Steelheads in the ECHL and am wondering how players who have been called up to the AHL affect my team's salary cap. More specifically, the salary cap is at 366k and my current player salaries are at 364k. If one of my players in the AHL gets sent back to the ECHL, will I then be responsible for his salary and subsequently go over the cap?

Kersus
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadiens

ECHL Salary Cap

Post by Kersus » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:21 pm

I don't know the specifics however my experience is that while it pushes you over the cap, you don't get penalized. Your board does restrict finances though. Meaning you get zero dollars to sign anyone else until you come below the cap. As far as your finances and income, I've not watched it close enough.

Canadian Passport
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Red Wings

ECHL Salary Cap

Post by Canadian Passport » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:14 am

taylor91 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 am
If one of my players in the AHL gets sent back to the ECHL, will I then be responsible for his salary and subsequently go over the cap?
The cap hit to an ECHL team for any affiliate player is $15,500 so yes, it would put you over the cap.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

ECHL Salary Cap

Post by Tasku » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 am

Is there a penalty other than board restricting new signins, if you go over the cap? I don't see any effect. I'm almost 100k over the cap, but have plenty of players I could release. :-k

Canadian Passport
Top Prospect
Favourite Team: Red Wings

ECHL Salary Cap

Post by Canadian Passport » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 am

Tasku wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 am
Is there a penalty other than board restricting new signins, if you go over the cap? I don't see any effect. I'm almost 100k over the cap, but have plenty of players I could release.
I think it depends on the version of the game. The last time I played a dedicated ECHL season was two years ago and if I was over the cap I couldn't continue, I had to cut guys. But...I've taken control of my ECHL team lately as the NHL GM and not had a problem.

Tasku
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: W-WPoTBLfaSaD
Favourite Team: WSH Capitals

ECHL Salary Cap

Post by Tasku » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 am

Canadian Passport wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 am
Tasku wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 am
Is there a penalty other than board restricting new signins, if you go over the cap? I don't see any effect. I'm almost 100k over the cap, but have plenty of players I could release.
I think it depends on the version of the game. The last time I played a dedicated ECHL season was two years ago and if I was over the cap I couldn't continue, I had to cut guys. But...I've taken control of my ECHL team lately as the NHL GM and not had a problem.
Okay, thanks for the reply. A bit late, as I quit playing that game already. I hated how I couldn't sign anyone - not even players I didn't really want.

Return to “Game Knowledge Discussion”