EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
TukTukTheGreat
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal Canadians

Post by TukTukTheGreat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Is it at all possible currently with the editor to pull the stats from each player for each of their seasons from a save file.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 pm

No I'm afraid not. I have never been able to figure out the structure of the relevant part of the saved game.

TorstenGlinde
Junior League
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by TorstenGlinde » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi guys,

i´m currently trying to add some Names with the "Import Spreadsheet" function.
Using e.g. the second_names sheet.

There´s an error messag saying that the qualifier in cell a1 is incorrect.

I´m aware of this qualifier function, for example by importing the staff sheet.
What would be the correct qualifier for the first and second names?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:28 pm

Unfortunately first and second names cannot yet be imported.

TorstenGlinde
Junior League

Post by TorstenGlinde » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:29 pm

Thank you for quick reply Archi.

I saw in earlier TBL extra_config Files some notes as follows:

# Female Names
"FEMALE" "" "Lisette"
"FEMALE" "" "Anni"
"FEMALE" "" "Bodil"
"FEMALE" "" "Aina"

Does that work as "quick and dirty" help to add some names?
Never tried that so far..

xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man

Post by xECK29x » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:31 pm

TorstenGlinde wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:29 pm
# Female Names
"FEMALE" "" "Lisette"
"FEMALE" "" "Anni"
"FEMALE" "" "Bodil"
"FEMALE" "" "Aina"
This just adds an attribute to those names that they are female (which I don't think female names/players/leagues has been fully added into the game). I know I have lots of female staff in my DB but the game still uses male pronouns in news items and bio descriptions.

Archi,

Don't know if I have requested this before but I would love a player/staff filter for items assigned to a club that is not active (to help with cleanup tasks).

Thanks!

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 am

A temporary way of adding names to the database would be to create a bunch of retired free agents with the names you want import using a Players and Non-Players spreadsheet. Make sure you assign the relevant nationality to each free agent. If the Editor doesn't allow importing of retired free agents then import them as players and immediately retire them (I'm doing this from memory and cannot remember for sure).

xECK29x - sure, I can add that.

TorstenGlinde
Junior League

Post by TorstenGlinde » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:54 pm

i´ll make a try and let you know :nod:

Manimal
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: EHM Rosters Man
Favourite Team: Djurgårdens IF

Post by Manimal » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 pm

IIRC, "FEMALE" makes their names not turn up on newgens

Knoeppel
Prospect

Post by Knoeppel » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Hey.
I tried to search, but couldn´t find an answer.

I am trying to edit a player in my savegame. I wanted to make him a copy of Nathan MacKinnon. So i set my players attribute the same as MacKinnons.
Everything was fine and dandy, exept that my players attribute reset them self.
Is there an cheate-block? =)
Are you not able to change players in an exsisting savegame?

TorstenGlinde
Junior League

Post by TorstenGlinde » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:20 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 am
A temporary way of adding names to the database would be to create a bunch of retired free agents with the names you want import using a Players and Non-Players spreadsheet. Make sure you assign the relevant nationality to each free agent. If the Editor doesn't allow importing of retired free agents then import them as players and immediately retire them (I'm doing this from memory and cannot remember for sure).

xECK29x - sure, I can add that.
Short note to this.
It really worked out that way!
I made an upload with the player & non-player spreadsheet. Having roughly 2300 times the same firs and second name as well as a the nationality.
I made one Upload with the "Add" qualifier, than a second upload setting all of the lines to "_retire".
There are 3 generated players by starting this database.

Means: It´s possible to add names for generating players with this workaround :)

greenwoodguy
Junior League
Favourite Team: Chicago Blackhawks

Post by greenwoodguy » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Knoeppel wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:02 pm
Hey.
I tried to search, but couldn´t find an answer.

I am trying to edit a player in my savegame. I wanted to make him a copy of Nathan MacKinnon. So i set my players attribute the same as MacKinnons.
Everything was fine and dandy, exept that my players attribute reset them self.
Is there an cheate-block? =)
Are you not able to change players in an exsisting savegame?
I recommend using the EHM Assistant for messing with player attributes in saved games. It's much simpler.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Experienced a GUI bug, hard to explain may have to show you over a screen share, there is a visual issue when it comes to Continental Licenses:

Steps to reproduce:
1) Filter on clubs containing Cardiff
2) Click any of the Cardiff Devils Ux clubs and add any Continental License
3) Click on the next Cardiff Devils Ux club in the list -> shows they also have that license, keep clicking teams with the same name and they all have that license until eventually you hit a team in the list with 'None'.
4) Walk back up the list in the opposite direction and all teams that were showing as had the license now have None until you get to the original club you added the license to.
5) Filter on clubs with that license and it's a proper list, so it's just a GUI bug.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Thanks. It is because certain teams have an invalid value and so the Editor doesn't have an item in the drop-down menu to match against the value. So it just shows the item from the last club viewed in the Editor. For some reason there are various teams in the database with an invalid value. It's an easy fix but I will take a look at what the cause is (possibly the clubs importer spreadsheet).

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:18 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:31 pm
Don't know if I have requested this before but I would love a player/staff filter for items assigned to a club that is not active (to help with cleanup tasks).
What would you regard as being an inactive club for this purpose? Would it be simply a club that has no nation set or would it also include a club that has no league set (regardless of whether a nation is set)?

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Also I noticed the editor is adding random "Last Known Clubs" for staff members, even newly created entries, not sure what is causing that to happen.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:39 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:18 pm
What would you regard as being an inactive club for this purpose? Would it be simply a club that has no nation set or would it also include a club that has no league set (regardless of whether a nation is set)?
No Nation set would work.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:17 pm

A new version of the Editor (v0.3.4) is now available: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 48&t=16014

The full changelist is set out below. This isn't the biggest of updates. Instead, it is an assortment of tweaks and requested features.

I'm starting to reach the limits of what I can add to the Editor without things getting complex and messy from a coding perspective. When I first started this project back in April/May 2015 (I can't believe it has been so long), it was the first time I'd attempted writing a full on editor and it has been a big learning process for me. If I could go back and start again, there are certain key elements that I would design very differently. In fact, a re-design is pretty much necessary for certain items, such as being able to delete names and cities and to prevent the Editor resetting back to the first record after importing data. Whilst not absolutely necessary, a redesign would be ideal for adding error checking for playable league structures and for finalising the playable league structures wizard.

I have been testing out some reworkings of the key internal parts of the Editor and have been able to significantly streamline and simplify certain aspects. My plan is therefore to start work on an EHM Editor version 2.x which will involve re-working the internals in order to make the Editor simpler for me to maintain going forward. It is going to be a long term project and so I will continue to make improvements to the current Editor on an ad-hoc basis (I will eventually change the version numbers from 0.x to 1.x). So if there are any features that you want to see in the Editor then please do keep posting them and I will either add them to the version 0.x/1.x Editor (if simple) or the new version 2.x Editor (if complex). The version 2.x series of the Editor is going to concentrate solely on EHM 1 databases, so I'll be dropping support for saved games and 2004-2007 databases (the version 0.x/1.x Editor does an adequate job of editing saved games and legacy databases in any event).

I am particularly interested to hear any suggestions on improving the user interface of the Editor and generally on improving workflow / ease of use. I have a dedicated thread for feedback on these items here: https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/v ... 10&t=20016

New Features:
  • Added automatic strength calculation via the Staff Mass Editor menu;
  • Added schedule template matrix import and export from/to spreadsheets via the Schedule Generator wizard; and
  • Added the option to set the favourite clubs of a player via the Tools menu or all players via the Staff Mass Editor menu.
Fixes and Improvements:
  • Added automatic validation of national team Professional Status when loading EHM 2004, 2005 and 2007 databases;
  • Added Club Status filter to the Players & Non-Players filter which allows for persons contracted to or playing for inactive/defunct clubs to be filtered;
  • Added Professional Status column to the club_edit Converter spreadsheet;
  • Brackets are now disregarded when matching text from an importer spreadsheet. E.g. "Belfast Giants (SNL)" will now match against "Belfast Giants SNL";
  • Fixed bug with invalid Continental Licence values being set in certain circumstances. Simply load and save the database using the Editor to apply the fix;
  • Minor tweak to global application font;
  • "_none" is now accepted as a Continent setting in the Club Competitions importer spreadsheet;
  • Switched from Qtxlsx version 0.3 to QXlsx version 1.3.45 by Jay Two for Excel spreadsheet processing;
  • Updated various synonym and ignore_list data; and
  • Upgraded to Qt 5.13.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Great work as always Archi!!

Two things:

1) Does this include the fix for staff no longer being viewable after you filter on 'players rights held by''?
2) Also is it possible to delete player career history entries via import sheets?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:00 pm

1. I cannot replicate this issue. Can you describe step by step how to replicate?

2. Yes. I'm doing this from memory but you should enter the player name and DOB along with the season, team, league and playoff (Y/N) of the entry in question. Then enter 0 (zero) in the GP column. The entry should then be deleted when you save the DB.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:07 am

archibalduk wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:00 pm
1. I cannot replicate this issue. Can you describe step by step how to replicate?

2. Yes. I'm doing this from memory but you should enter the player name and DOB along with the season, team, league and playoff (Y/N) of the entry in question. Then enter 0 (zero) in the GP column. The entry should then be deleted when you save the DB.
1) Easy, just click the Staff Filter -> Enable player filter -> Rights held by (any club in NHL) -> Uncheck filter -> Search for any non-player and none should appear, just tested on 0.3.4.

2) Thanks!

Return to “Data Editing Forum”