TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

This is the place to discuss all aspects of the TBL Roster Update for Eastside Hockey Manager. Report data mistakes, volunteer to be a researcher or simply discuss any aspect of the TBL Rosters here.
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters.

Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
cjmattias
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Carolina Hurricanes

Post by cjmattias » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am

Can't simulate past 24th of January 2020 as the Carolina Hurricanes. I made 2 separate Carolina saves on 2 different computers, both make the game crash on that exact date. This pack is the only reason I can see causing it. Also, retiring, taking control of another team, going on vacation, do not help.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 pm

What leagues do you have running in your game? Do you get any error message?

xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 pm

cjmattias wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am
Can't simulate past 24th of January 2020 as the Carolina Hurricanes. I made 2 separate Carolina saves on 2 different computers, both make the game crash on that exact date. This pack is the only reason I can see causing it. Also, retiring, taking control of another team, going on vacation, do not help.
More then likely you have selected all leagues, even in 'View Only' this will cause an issue. There is a specific selection of leagues that are conflicting with each other and we have not figured out the exact issue. If you could take a screen shot of what leagues you have selected that will help troubleshoot on our end.

Carnicero
Junior League
Favourite Team: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Carnicero » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Playing the TBL 2019/2020 roster version. Can't get past July 15th for some reason.

I have NHL in enhanced view. AHL, SHL, KHL, Czech Liga and Finish Liiga in view-only. Normal DB size, have not made any changes/updates to the DB.

Is there some known fix to this or is my save doomed? :-?

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Carnicero wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:42 pm
I have NHL in enhanced view. AHL, SHL, KHL, Czech Liga and Finish Liiga in view-only. Normal DB size, have not made any changes/updates to the DB.
I will run a test with this configuration, I assume you are talking about 15.7.2020?

Carnicero
Junior League

Post by Carnicero » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Carnicero wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:42 pm
I will run a test with this configuration, I assume you are talking about 15.7.2020?
No, Monday July 15th 2019

Carnicero
Junior League

Post by Carnicero » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:00 pm

So when I think about it... I started playing the 2018/19 season, but I'm dead certain that I used the TBL roster db. But it must not have been the latest version, so I assume your test will be useless. Sorry!

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:42 am

No problem! That sounds like a corrupted database, if you are still having issues try unsubscribing/resubscribing.

MaraP
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Columbus Blue Jackets

Post by MaraP » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:30 pm

Hello.
I tried TBL Roster v12.0.2 and I just watched roster of PSG Berani Zlin (Czech Extraliga). There is Stepan Frysara as a left defense, but this player should be a center. It is only one mistake I saw, but I do not know if there is any other.
Would you please repair this in new patch? I will try to find some more mistakes.

Thanks for your rosters!

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 pm

MaraP wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:30 pm
There is Stepan Frysara as a left defense, but this player should be a center.
WIll fix

milkonikes
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Minnesota Wild

Post by milkonikes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Did anyone figure out what leagues were conflicting to cause the crash January 24th for the new tbl roster?

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:39 pm

milkonikes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:34 pm
Did anyone figure out what leagues were conflicting to cause the crash January 24th for the new tbl roster?
We haven't yet, it's going to take a lot of time to test and even more time to address the conflict schedule-wise. If anyone has the crash we ask to please post their setup so we can duplicate it in testing.

milkonikes
Learning to skate

Post by milkonikes » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:47 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:39 pm
milkonikes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:34 pm
We haven't yet, it's going to take a lot of time to test and even more time to address the conflict schedule-wise. If anyone has the crash we ask to please post their setup so we can duplicate it in testing.
Absolutely, I was playing as the wild on the newest tbl roster, with all leagues on enhanced full database size with added key staff and all of the extra player options on. as well as all teams retained. I also had the detail level set to maximum. I had no problems with it up until advancing January 22nd to 23rd. It kept crashing with no error message, but it eventually worked after 10 or so tries. Then I had the same problem advancing from the 24th to the 25th. I've tried advancing through and vacationing through many more times and it still has yet to work. I hope this was able to help! Also what leagues would you recommend having on for a long term NHL save that would hopefully not break. If you need anymore info I can try and get it for you

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:40 pm

milkonikes wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:47 pm
with all leagues on enhanced
We definitely recommend not to do this, even fully optimized it's not really needed and just adds a lot of weight into the sim.

Generally i recommend only adding leagues you will heavily scout as an NHL club, but again adding the league structures as "enabled" only adds detail into how that league is simmed (real regular season/playoff structure + any relegation), if you leave them unchecked the players/staff from those leagues will still be in the database and simmed.

There is some sort of transition period that happens in late January for at least one league, I can't quite figure out what it is as there are no league schedules around that time that have some sort of heavy transition. I'm playing a test sim right now with these leagues and it does slow down for a heavily simulation time around those dates, the game does go into "not responding" mode for a bit but if you don't click around and just leave the game alone it does finally finish.

milkonikes
Learning to skate

Post by milkonikes » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:57 am

Thank You, ill try this out. Ill also add the DEL. If that doesn't work ill let you know.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:34 pm

milkonikes wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:57 am
Thank You, ill try this out. Ill also add the DEL. If that doesn't work ill let you know.
I actually usually do DEL also, I just missed selecting them in this sim.

Smirnov2Chistov
Junior League
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:18 pm

What is the difference with having the leagues selected vs not having them at all? I typically play NHL only, but am worried that long-term the save will corrupt

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 am

Smirnov2Chistov wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:18 pm
What is the difference with having the leagues selected vs not having them at all? I typically play NHL only, but am worried that long-term the save will corrupt
If you select a league it simulates the actual league structure we have created (real life schedule, rules, game count playoffs/relegation etc). If you play NHL only you will have no issues long term and it's the safest way to play for sure.

Smirnov2Chistov
Junior League
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:59 am

xECK29x wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 am
f you select a league it simulates the actual league structure we have created (real life schedule, rules, game count playoffs/relegation etc). If you play NHL only you will have no issues long term and it's the safest way to play for sure.
We are crossing over from HFBoards to TBL :joy:

I guess from looking at it from a game-play standpoint, (since I only play with the NHL) do prospects develop differently if you had certain leagues checked off versus not?

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Smirnov2Chistov wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:59 am
We are crossing over from HFBoards to TBL :joy:

I guess from looking at it from a game-play standpoint, (since I only play with the NHL) do prospects develop differently if you had certain leagues checked off versus not?
It could impact it potentially, I couldn't say for sure as I barely play the game anymore outside of quick test runs to be honest :). Maybe best answered by someone else but I'd imagine having at least top Major Junior leagues would help as then staff would be generated for those leagues and actual day to day simming of games.

Return to “TBL Rosters”