xECK29x Premier Pivot & TBL Rosters - Crashes on specific dates in game

This is the place to discuss database or roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager (other than the TBL Rosters). Please note that any queries about the TBL Rosters or data editing should be asked in the TBL Rosters Forum and the Data Editing Forum respectively.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
xECK29x
Fourth Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Seems there may be two separate issues going on from reports based on how you play. If you are getting a crash in January (~25th) this seems to be a scheduling issue involving one or more leagues (or something like the All-Star games which occur around that time for several leagues). If you are getting a crash in late June when the game starts to recalculate data and prepare for the NA contract turnover this is likely due to an issue with one or more leagues with relegation of clubs as I'm pretty sure this is when those movements are made (unverified just a hunch).

For either issue I need more people to give me details of the simulation save game (possibly share the actual save game) or at least tell me the setup of the leagues.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:18 am

I have split this off into a separate thread so that we can co-ordinate narrowing down and solving the issues. As xECK29x mentions, repeatable crashes on a specified date are generally related to the settings of a playable league structure. Usually the dates relate to how the stages are set up in the database - e.g. if the playoffs stage attempts to draw teams from the regular season before the regular season is complete then an error/crash will occur.

We really need people to post their league set-up when reporting these issues because it helps us narrow down the issue. In other words, what leagues are you running on Enhanced and View Only in your game when you encounter the crash?

It would also be incredibly helpful if anyone would help us to try narrow down the issue. This will involve creating a new saved game using the reported league set-up and vacation simming to the date in question (e.g. 25 January 2020). If you get the crash, report your set-up and then try another vacation sim with one or two of the playable leagues deselected to see if you can narrow down which league is causing the issue - and keep repeating until you can find the cause. Even just one or two tests would really help us out because it helps eliminate leagues from our testing. Otherwise it is pretty hard work if it is left just to xECK29x to do everything.

Vacation simming can take a while but there are ways in which you can speed up the sim:

1. When creating your saved game, use the following options:
  • Database size: Minimum (Note: This can cause issues with very low reputation leagues (e.g. UK NIHL and SNL) as low reputation playable clubs will not be loaded from a small DB size. If you get a crash when loading the game, enable the "Retain All Clubs" setting)
  • Fog of war: Disabled
  • Add key staff: Disabled
  • Add players to playable teams: Disabled
  • Add extra junior players: Disabled
  • Add players to national team pools: Disabled
2. Once you have created your saved game, click on the settings icon (the cog near the top right corner of the screen) -> Detail level and make the following changes:
  • National Competitions -> Preset Configuration: Minimum
  • International & Continental Competitions -> Preset Configuration: Minimum

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:02 am

I just simmed successfully to 1 February 2020 with all Canadian leagues, all Swedish leagues and the NHL on Enhanced using Pivot Rosters v4.6 and USA start date.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 am

I just simmed successfully to 1 February 2020 with all Canadian leagues, all Swedish leagues, all Swiss leagues, all UK leagues and all North American leagues on Enhanced using Pivot Rosters v4.6 and USA start date.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:11 pm

It seems I can sim to 1 Feb 2020 with all leagues on Enhanced. ](*,) This makes me think that the crash is not 100% repeatable but instead depends on certain circumstances occurring in game - e.g. if a game is on occasion being postponed until after the next stage is triggered.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks for the quick testing and focused discussion, I believe it's related to relegation of one or more leagues, which would make it intermittent depending if a team is successfully promoted/relegated, at least for the June issue. January I can't quite put my finger on, could be a bug related to an All-Star Game maybe if a player is injured or something?

Also I do have a same game for the June issue if anyone wants to look it over and maybe identify something going on with it. It's saved right before the repeatable crash during calculation.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Yes if you could upload the saved game to Dropbox or something then I will take a look too.

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axkznrhjlckss ... 1.sav?dl=0

I looked over all the relegation results and they appear to be ok.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:22 pm

](*,) ](*,) i cant figure it out. Still crashing in january.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:29 pm

The playoffs dont schedule in either of the Belarusian leagues

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:34 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:29 pm
The playoffs dont schedule in either of the Belarusian leagues
That would do it, will investigate.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 am

Started a new game. Re done the Belarusian leagues in the editor. Still crashes. Any update?

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:57 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 am
Started a new game. Re done the Belarusian leagues in the editor. Still crashes. Any update?
We took a look and structurally things look ok, We noticed Extraliga B doesn't have a playoff but does properly declare a champion. Can you send me your save game? You can email me xeck29x @ gmail.com

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:53 am

xECK29x wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:57 pm
We took a look and structurally things look ok, We noticed Extraliga B doesn't have a playoff but does properly declare a champion. Can you send me your save game? You can email me xeck29x @ gmail.com
Did more testing/tweaking, it's definitely these leagues.

It's odd that this error is being thrown because you can see in the background that both group stages did activate and draw clubs properly. Also I am nowhere near the next stage (4 - Playoff) draw date (27.2) where the next stage should be starting. This is on my current master DB, which is a test release, I will share it directly to those who want to review it.

Save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew459281zhgo9 ... A.sav?dl=0

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:38 am

Is the database on Drobox? If so, I will take a look this weekend. It sounds like an issue with the Draw Date or Draw From settings of the next stage. Or it could be the Fate settings of the current stage.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:30 am

Im not sure its the Belarusian leagues now. I totally re did them in the editor and only put a standard 2 stages in with end of sesson play offs and it still crashes

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:31 am

I also un selected belarusian leagues at the beginning and still crashes

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:31 am
I also un selected belarusian leagues at the beginning and still crashes
There could be multiple issues, but 100% there is a problem with this league so I'd like to fix it. League structures are still one area I'm pretty inexperienced with and can't wrap my head around how some of these complex leagues actually work :).
archibalduk wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:38 am
Is the database on Drobox?
Database and save game, I'll send you the DB over email now.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Even so i think its a bigger problem than just the one league

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:45 pm
Even so i think its a bigger problem than just the one league
We know there are two potential crashes, one in January (now discovered to be Belarus related) and another in late June/early July (I think this is related to a relegation issue, still TBD).

szczepek25
Junior League
Favourite Team: Poland

Post by szczepek25 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:56 pm

The error also occurs around February 10 :(

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:34 pm

szczepek25 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:56 pm
The error also occurs around February 10
Again, please provide details on how you had the game setup and if you can please upload and share the save game so we can see the exact error.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Yes there are definitely issues with the Belarussian Extraliga. A good way of checking whether there are structure issues is to create a new game with just those league(s) Enhanced and then the NHL in View Only. If you try this with the Belarussian you will find that you cannot select any team once the initial loading is complete (i.e. when you add your initial GM). This is always a sign that there is some issue with the structure.

Another sign is if you go to the league and click on the Information tab and the game crashes one of the "View" drop-down menu options (there is then a drop-down menu labelled "View" which allows you to see game dates, rules, etc). If you select League Rules you will find that the game crashes.

I am struggling to understand with the Extraliga and Extraliga B are actually correctly connected in order to allow promotion/relegation. For instance, where is the Promotion fate in the B Liga? Ought this be the fate of Stage 1? Similarly, I cannot see a corresponding Relegation fate from the Extraliga.

A few corrections so far (I think) are listed below. These still don't fix the league. I think the only way to get to the bottom of this is to re-work them from scratch. I can try to look at this next weekend but it depends how many other things I have going on.

EXTRALIGA
Ought the Transfer Rules be set to Extraliga rather than Belarus? Maybe it doesn't matter.

Stage 2:
- I don't know if Stage 3 (being a lower stage) can trigger an upper stage. Maybe it can but I haven't tried enough upper/lower stages. So my suggestion would be to set the Next Upper Stage to 4 in Stage 2.

Stage 3:
- Following on from what I say above, I suggest setting the Next Upper Stage to 0 in Stage 3
- Fate Rule: Relegation?
- Team Picking Rules: Also enable "From Prev Stages Use One Stage"

Stage 4:
- Extra stage to draw teams from: 0 (this setting is used to refer to a stage from the relevant upper/lower linked competition and not a stage within the same competition)

EXTRALIGA B
Stage 1:
- Fate Rules: Promotion?

Stage 2:
- Team Picking Rules: Also enable "From Prev Stages Use One Stage"
- Schedule Dates: Change the final date to 28 November (rather than 25 November) so that it matches the schedule dates

futec
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: PSG Zlin

Post by futec » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi,
game crash at 28th June (between 1st and 2nd season) during "updating game data" process.
The game is quit without crash message.

Here is game save and screenshots (2x selected leagues, 1x before "game crash").

http://leteckaposta.cz/644106470

Can you help me? Can i fix it somehow? Thank you

xECK29x
Fourth Line

Post by xECK29x » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:19 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:29 pm
I am struggling to understand with the Extraliga and Extraliga B are actually correctly connected in order to allow promotion/relegation.
The top 6 clubs of Extraliga A regular season go into a group stage (Stage 2) to determine final top 6 club final seeding for playoffs (Stage 4). Stage 3 is a group stage of the bottom 2 clubs from Stage 1 and brings up the "Lower League Top Playoff Places" (Playoff Top - 4 clubs total - from Stage 1 of Extraliga B) to play in a relegation/promotion playoff in that stage, winners from this stage are added as the final playoff teams in stage 4.

With that understanding let me know if you need more detail. TochiKING was the original creator of this structure.

Return to “Rosters Forum”