TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

This is the place to discuss all aspects of the TBL Roster Update for Eastside Hockey Manager. Report data mistakes, volunteer to be a researcher or simply discuss any aspect of the TBL Rosters here.
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters.

Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
xECK29x
Checking Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Peter10 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:55 am
I have an issue with the cap penalties that are set in the config file. Some seem to work but most are not. Also for some teams with multiple cap penalties only one is working.

Another problem comes up with the buried contracts. It should give only 950k cap relief for the team demoting a player to the AHL but instead all but the 950k are subtracted from the cap. Not sure though if that is rather a problem with the game than the rosters.
These may be game limitations/bugs vs the database or extra_config options. Will check with Riz after the holidays.

phantzy
Junior League
Favourite Team: Washington Capitals

Game crashing/closing

Post by phantzy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:51 pm

So I'm on my 2nd year in the KHL with Dinamo Riga and after a horrible first season, I have rebuilt the team and we have the best record in the league(16-0-1). But now I've got a problem... After securing that 16W agains Dinamo Minsk on October 19, 2020 when I press continue the game keeps crashing/closing after ~10seconds of "simulating" to the next day. I've tried everything that others have done to fix this issue on the steam communitu forums, the ehm forums and even reddit's ehm oage, nothing has worked. I would just load up an older save and just simulate unitll I get the same amount of wins and losses as now(my most recent auto save was on August 31 right before the KHL season kicked off) but It would take me ages. I, being really stupid, selected almost every league there is in the game. So simulating one day, especially, when everyone's seasone are starting takes a while. I use TBL's newest roster whcih I subscribed to from the steam workshop aswell as TBL's mega logo pack and purpose's mega facepack. I would really appreciate the help, I don't want to sim all the way from the 31st of August, ruin other team's standings, player stats or even worse, do that lenghty sim to find out that it crashes on the same date even on an older save date.

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:11 pm

phantzy wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:51 pm
So I'm on my 2nd year in the KHL with Dinamo Riga and after a horrible first season, I have rebuilt the team and we have the best record in the league(16-0-1). But now I've got a problem... After securing that 16W agains Dinamo Minsk on October 19, 2020 when I press continue the game keeps crashing/closing after ~10seconds of "simulating" to the next day. I've tried everything that others have done to fix this issue on the steam communitu forums, the ehm forums and even reddit's ehm oage, nothing has worked. I would just load up an older save and just simulate unitll I get the same amount of wins and losses as now(my most recent auto save was on August 31 right before the KHL season kicked off) but It would take me ages. I, being really stupid, selected almost every league there is in the game. So simulating one day, especially, when everyone's seasone are starting takes a while. I use TBL's newest roster whcih I subscribed to from the steam workshop aswell as TBL's mega logo pack and purpose's mega facepack. I would really appreciate the help, I don't want to sim all the way from the 31st of August, ruin other team's standings, player stats or even worse, do that lenghty sim to find out that it crashes on the same date even on an older save date.
What leagues are selected and can you possibly upload the save game for us to look at?

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:40 am

xECK29x wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:11 pm
phantzy wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:51 pm
What leagues are selected and can you possibly upload the save game for us to look at?
I have all 16 Canadian leagues, all 15 US leagues all 4 Czech, Russian, Finnish, Sweedish and Swiss leagues, both German and Slovakian leagues and the only Austrian and Latvian leagues. So in total 57. And how can I upload the save game for you?

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 pm

phantzy wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:40 am
I have all 16 Canadian leagues, all 15 US leagues all 4 Czech, Russian, Finnish, Sweedish and Swiss leagues, both German and Slovakian leagues and the only Austrian and Latvian leagues. So in total 57. And how can I upload the save game for you?
Thanks! You can upload the file (located in your save games directory [C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\EHM\games], just make sure you are NOT using a compressed save) and upload it to a file share service such as Dropbox or Google Drive, if you want I can provide you a place to upload to just send me an email xeck29x[at]gmail.com.

Emyr27
Junior League

Post by Emyr27 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Hello !
I just downloaded the new update, great work ! But no more Alps Hockey League ?

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:24 pm

Emyr27 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 pm
But no more Alps Hockey League ?
It's being worked on, the league structure is fairly complicated and we are having issues with a similar league structure (Belarus Extraliga B), once we get that one all fixed up we will likely copy it for Alps HL.

Emyr27
Junior League

Post by Emyr27 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Super ! I shall wait until then :-) Personnally I don't really mind if league structures are not 100% accurate in a mod that is limited by in-game settings, but great to see you want it to be perfect :-D :thup:

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Tbl rosters still crashing end of Jan tried everything. Is there still no solution for this?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am

As per usual we need details of which leagues you're running. If you're running a lot of leagues then that will be the cause of the issue as the game can only run a certain number of leagues (at least until hopefully v1.5).

Smirnov2Chistov
Prospect
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:56 pm

I don't mean this in any disrespect, but what is the point in having so many leagues run?

On my main save that's in the late 2030's I only have the NHL selected. On a test-run save with the new rosters, I have the Finnish Liiga and NHL loaded. Is there any reason to have that many leagues running in the background at the same time? It could be the reason why so many crashes are taking place.

nathans
Junior League
Favourite Team: Nottingham

Post by nathans » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:54 am

Smirnov2Chistov wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:56 pm
I don't mean this in any disrespect, but what is the point in having so many leagues run?

On my main save that's in the late 2030's I only have the NHL selected. On a test-run save with the new rosters, I have the Finnish Liiga and NHL loaded. Is there any reason to have that many leagues running in the background at the same time? It could be the reason why so many crashes are taking place.
Some of us don't want to either start in the NHL or stay in only one league for the duration of the game. I myself like to have as many leagues loaded as possible and to play a career game where i usually start off as low as possible and try and work my way up through the leagues, usually floating all around the european leagues, I have no interest in the NHL.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:34 am

Smirnov2Chistov wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:56 pm

Yes the sheer volume of leagues is one of the main reasons for crashing. This is because EHM currently contains a limit in the number of transfer rules-related data which can be loaded into a saved game. So if you select a large number of leagues then you will reach this limit and the game will crash at a random point during the season. Riz is aware and so hopefully this might be fixed in a future version. In the meantime, the solution is to select fewer leagues. I cannot give a precise figure but I would have thought that something like 20 leagues would be okay - but you might want to quick sim through a season with a test saved game before committing. If you don't hit a crash before the second season starts then you should be ok (at least in respect of this specific issue).

Typically I select a few active and/or background leagues too. I like to see how other leagues progress in-game and to have the flexibility to apply for jobs in other leagues. However I don't select large numbers of leagues because it slows down simming from one day to another. I wish EHM supported multi-threading as that would surely improve simming times.

Smirnov2Chistov
Prospect
Favourite Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by Smirnov2Chistov » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 am

nathans wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:54 am
Some of us don't want to either start in the NHL or stay in only one league for the duration of the game. I myself like to have as many leagues loaded as possible and to play a career game where i usually start off as low as possible and try and work my way up through the leagues, usually floating all around the european leagues, I have no interest in the NHL.
The game isn’t built like Football Manager unfortunately, and for it to run as many leagues as you can, it just doesn’t work. (I don’t even think EHM07 could’ve been ran properly with all of the leagues selected). It’s a double-edged sword. People want more leagues (which is awesome!), but I don’t think the game itself can handle everything.

My simming speeds have improved when I tweaked the Detail Level settings down to minimum for everything. The game sped up considerably.

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:52 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 pm
phantzy wrote:
Thanks! You can upload the file (located in your save games directory [C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\EHM\games], just make sure you are NOT using a compressed save) and upload it to a file share service such as Dropbox or Google Drive, if you want I can provide you a place to upload to just send me an email xeck29x[at]gmail.com.
Okay,I just sent you the file via gmail

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 pm

phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:52 pm
xECK29x wrote:
phantzy wrote:
I expect that the cause of the crash is the number of leagues loaded. 57 is almost certainly going to result in a crash.

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:13 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 pm
phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:52 pm
xECK29x wrote:
I expect that the cause of the crash is the number of leagues loaded. 57 is almost certainly going to result in a crash.
But it was alway running smoothly, no crashes, no nothing. I even tried loading up a save before the season started, it still crashes on that exact date.

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:22 pm

phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:13 pm
But it was alway running smoothly, no crashes, no nothing. I even tried loading up a save before the season started, it still crashes on that exact date.
You can load every league, and it will work for a while until it doesn't. This definitely is the issue, too many leagues selected.

phantzy
Junior League

Post by phantzy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:54 am

xECK29x wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:22 pm
phantzy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:13 pm
You can load every league, and it will work for a while until it doesn't. This definitely is the issue, too many leagues selected.
Ah, okay. Well, thanks I guess

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Getting a crash now at end of june. No error message. Only leagues selected are great Britain usa and canada

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 pm
Only leagues selected are great Britain usa and canada
This should be fixed in the next update, crashes around those dates were determined to be issues with Olympic schedules.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:54 pm

Is that in the update released this eve? What can i do if i start a new game to stop this?

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:45 am

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:54 pm
Is that in the update released this eve? What can i do if i start a new game to stop this?
Yes, should be fixed in this version. There is nothing that can be done to fix the previous save unfortunately....

Hockeyiow86
Junior League

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am

That's cool. Also does your update automatically update the tbl rosters or do i need to download your specific update

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am
That's cool. Also does your update automatically update the tbl rosters or do i need to download your specific update
The TBL rosters are based off of Pivot, they will be updated in the next day or two and as long as you are subscribed you will get the new update.

Return to “TBL Rosters”