Record holders have fake names (Help needed)

Want to ask EHM graphics questions, questions about a project or make requests for a project? Don't know what files go where? Are you working on a new addon or roster update? This is the place to discuss!
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-ons
brandn
Junior League

Post by brandn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Hello everyone,

First and foremost I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place. I have been searching for any information on this issue but had difficulty finding anything.

I've been downloading multiple Roster updates (the latest being Premier Pivot database 2019-2020 v4.9), and I've been having trouble getting the correct names for record holders to work properly. For instance, I choose the Vancouver Canucks, and all of the record holders have fake names. Some teams (i.e. Edmonton Oilers) have Gretzky's records working properly, but other teams do not.

None of the All-time records for goals or points have any historic players either. Only the current NHL players.

If there is any known way to correct this, I would be greatly appreciative of how to going about it, or directed to a thread of relevance.

Cheers!

(an EHM returnee from over 5 years ago)

brandn
Junior League

Post by brandn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:20 pm

I found a way to fix it!

I had to add non-players that didn't exist into the player database. Doing so allowed the record holders to be accessed in game, and therefore properly recognized.

I do have a follow up question though:

Is there a way to import non-players (i.e Pavel Bure) into the Pivot Database v4.9? There are a lot of non-players that I'm hoping to add in order for the database to recognize their records. Better yet, has someone created a more extensive player/non-player list that they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

getzlaf15
Hall of Fame
Custom Rank: TBL Update Team

Post by getzlaf15 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:05 pm

If you change all your records in the editor to 0. Then add a records_config file it has the correct names. This is the way I do.

brandn
Junior League

Post by brandn » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:01 pm

That's great, thank you. I found a records_config file from another database. I'll try and tinker with it after I get home from work. Would you be open to sharing yours too? It could help me understand how to work the strings and coding for the .cfg file (i'm not very good at that stuff).

WIll this records_config file also help with the all time records?

I was able to sort out the record holders for individual teams, but only the current NHL players in the database are being shown in the NHL history. For instance, Gretzky is in my database and his stats are on the Oilers etc... But his stats are not carrying over into the most career points category in the NHL history page. Jagr tops that list, followed by Thornton, Crosby and so on. Thornton currently sits 14th all time so he shouldn't be on that current list.

getzlaf15
Hall of Fame
Custom Rank: TBL Update Team

Post by getzlaf15 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Yeah, so there is a Team records or League records. The list you have will just be populated by players that are active in the DB. These are what you need to complete the top 10. Jagr and Marleau will be in the list already for you.

"COMP_RECORD" "Gordie" "Howe" "National Hockey League" "Detroit Red Wings" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1767
"COMP_RECORD" "Mark" "Messier" "National Hockey League" "Edmonton Oilers" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1756
"COMP_RECORD" "Ron" "Francis" "National Hockey League" "Hartford Whalers" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1731
"COMP_RECORD" "Mark" "Recchi" "National Hockey League" "Philadelphia Flyers" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1652
"COMP_RECORD" "Chris" "Chelios" "National Hockey League" "Chicago Blackhawks" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1651
"COMP_RECORD" "Dave" "Andreychuk" "National Hockey League" "Buffalo Sabres" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1639
"COMP_RECORD" "Scott" "Stevens" "National Hockey League" "New Jersey Devils" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1635
"COMP_RECORD" "Larry" "Murphy" "National Hockey League" "Los Angeles Kings" "REC_GAMES_PLAYED" 1615

haneman
Junior League
Favourite Team: esbjerg energy

Post by haneman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:17 pm

you want to share your record_config file can not make it work ](*,)

brandn
Junior League

Post by brandn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:16 am

Would someone be willing to share their record_config file? I had some luck with creating it but I find it difficult at my age. I was only able to go as far as creating records for points.

If someone has one that has many records, I would be incredibly appreciative to them for sharing :-)

Return to “Game Add-ons Forum”