TBL Rosters Crash/Malfunction Thread

This is the place to discuss all aspects of the TBL Roster Update for Eastside Hockey Manager. Report data mistakes, volunteer to be a researcher or simply discuss any aspect of the TBL Rosters here.
Forum rules
We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters.

Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

The more people who help with the updating work, the quicker we can get the rosters updated and released. If you would like to help then please post in the Researcher Sign-up Thread. All serious offers of help are very gratefully received.

Useful Links: Find your EHM 1 installation folder locationConverting an EHM 2007 database into EHM 1Logo sizesWhere to install add-onsTBL Rosters Crash Thread
Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks. I have also fixed the germany start date issue

getzlaf15
Hall of Fame
Custom Rank: TBL Update Team

Post by getzlaf15 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:35 pm

12.2 seems to be broken. It keeps crashing to desktop for me when loading up.

xECK29x
Checking Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 pm

getzlaf15 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:35 pm
12.2 seems to be broken. It keeps crashing to desktop for me when loading up.
A couple of things, I'd like to know when it is crashing (Initializing Game Data vs Creating Shortlists) and are you using the recommended settings, specifically Retain All Teams?

I've found A) a reboot can fix this (sometimes EHM doesn't completely clear out of memory/cache after a crash), B) A redownload of the DB has fixed it for others.

frank_olaf
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Blackhawks

Post by frank_olaf » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am

I've just started playing EHM and have encountered a few issues with the game crashing when using the TBL rosters:

Database name and version number: TBL Rosters 12.2
In-game date of crash: Often November 7, 2019 even though I have managed to get past this date a few times. On those occasions, the game crashes on November 9, 2019. Bit of extra info on the Nov. 9th crash, when it crashes, I have 24 players on my active roster and Nov. 9th is a game day.
Any error message displayed: No, game just closes
Leagues selected as Enhanced: NHL
Leagues selected as View Only:
Canada: Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey, Canadian Hockey League Memorial Cup, WHL, OHL, QMJHL
Finish Liiga
Russia KHL
Swedish Hockey League
USA: AHL, ECHL
Add key staff (yes/no): Don't think so
Disable all extra staff (yes/no): Don't think so
Add players to playable leagues (yes/no): Don't think so
Add extra junior players (yes/no): Don't think so
Add players to national team pools (yes/no): Don't think so
Retail all teams (yes/no): No

I also tried to create a new save with the suggested settings of Generate Extra Junior Players and Retain All Teams on but the game crashed when going to the screen where I pick my team.

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:22 pm

frank_olaf wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am
I've just started playing EHM and have encountered a few issues with the game crashing when using the TBL rosters:

Database name and version number: TBL Rosters 12.2
In-game date of crash: Often November 7, 2019 even though I have managed to get past this date a few times. On those occasions, the game crashes on November 9, 2019. Bit of extra info on the Nov. 9th crash, when it crashes, I have 24 players on my active roster and Nov. 9th is a game day.
Any error message displayed: No, game just closes
Leagues selected as Enhanced: NHL
Leagues selected as View Only:
Canada: Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey, Canadian Hockey League Memorial Cup, WHL, OHL, QMJHL
Finish Liiga
Russia KHL
Swedish Hockey League
USA: AHL, ECHL
Add key staff (yes/no): Don't think so
Add players to playable leagues (yes/no): Don't think so
Add extra junior players (yes/no): Don't think so
Add players to national team pools (yes/no): Don't think so
Retail all teams (yes/no): No

I also tried to create a new save with the suggested settings of Generate Extra Junior Players and Retain All Teams on but the game crashed when going to the screen where I pick my team.
Sorry this is your first experience with EHM! If you could send me the save game that would really help, cases like this we can debug it. If you happen to still have the save try to save the game right before the crash if possible (or as close to it). I can provide you a link to my Dropbox if you need somewhere to upload it to, just shoot me an email xeck29x @ gmail.com.

Also try unsubscribing/resubscribing, sometimes the files can be corrupted when downloading.

typhlo0o
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by typhlo0o » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:39 pm

Started playing EHM very recently, using TBL Rosters 12.2.1. However, my game keeps crashing when trying to continue on November 10th, 2019 - it successfully simulates games between NYR/FLA and COL/TOR, but afterwards immediately closes without any error message.

The only league I've enhanced is the NHL, as for view-only, I have the (U.S.) AHL, ECHL, (Canada) OHL, WHL, QMJHL, top 2 Swedish and Russian leagues, and finally the top Austrian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, German, Slovak and Swiss leagues.

I believe (99% sure) I'm using the modified database with already added young players, and all the adequate settings to go along with that.

It's unfortunate, as this games has quickly become one of my favourites when it comes to lazy afternoons or evenings, so hopefully a solution will be found - if my save file is needed, I can obviously provide.

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:25 pm

typhlo0o wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:39 pm
if my save file is needed, I can obviously provide.
Yes please send it over, if you need a place to upload it to send me a friend request on Steam or email me xeck29x @ gmail .com

Prikulis5
Junior League
Favourite Team: Buffalo Sabres

Post by Prikulis5 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Hello. I have this issue with playoffs in EHM. Not sure if it's rosters fault but it could be. I'm using TBL Rosters 12.2.2.

So I started my save in KHL (with these leagues also loaded: Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Germany, NHL, AHL) and first season went well, no problems at all. But season season didn't have playoffs, not a single round. I also checked NHL and also no playoffs. And looking at the standings I think I see the problem - In 62 game season two teams have 61 games and you can see that it's already June while the season should have ended in March, i think. So the game is probably waiting for all teams to play 62 games and then start the playoffs but there are no more games in the schedule, so i just vacationed until next season and nothing happens until new schedule is created and next season starts. And the same thing happened in next season too, only difference being that some teams finished with 61 games and some with 63.

So basically, first season - all good, after that - no playoffs. I have the save files if needed

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Prikulis5 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:48 pm
ello. I have this issue with playoffs in EHM. Not sure if it's rosters fault but it could be. I'm using TBL Rosters 12.2.2.

So I started my save in KHL (with these leagues also loaded: Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Germany, NHL, AHL) and first season went well, no problems at all. But season season didn't have playoffs, not a single round. I also checked NHL and also no playoffs. And looking at the standings I think I see the problem - In 62 game season two teams have 61 games and you can see that it's already June while the season should have ended in March, i think. So the game is probably waiting for all teams to play 62 games and then start the playoffs but there are no more games in the schedule, so i just vacationed until next season and nothing happens until new schedule is created and next season starts. And the same thing happened in next season too, only difference being that some teams finished with 61 games and some with 63.

So basically, first season - all good, after that - no playoffs. I have the save files if needed
Shoot me over the save game, sounds like an issue with scheduling that may have been addressed in this upcoming release.

philou21
The Great One
Custom Rank: 24 cups!!!
Favourite Team: Colorado Avalanche

Post by philou21 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:06 am

I think it was discussed somewhere or I "think" I've seen it once. I honestly don't know if it's a DB related issue or a game issue but I just traded someone in my save and in the next game the guy still appear in my line-up for some reasons. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

lake79
Junior League

Post by lake79 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 am

Edit: Got it to work, this can now be deleted.

Kiekkomestari
Junior League

Post by Kiekkomestari » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:20 pm

I noticed that with newest TBL rosters Hungarian Erste Liga playoffs don't start. Teams should play 30 games, but they only play 27 and season doesn't progress onwards.

Rough Neck
Junior League

Post by Rough Neck » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:55 am

I've tried loading the game with only NHL and Norway (both leagues). Had everything on it's original settings + retain teams. Crashes as soon as it gets to the end of the loading. This was also with the Norwegian starting date, so maybe the American one makes it okay.

Return to “TBL Rosters”