How's it going in EHM 1? What team are you?

All general EHM-related discussion goes here. It's the place to chat about gameplay, online gameplay or concepts NOT related to specific topics. Claim bragging rights and impress the community by posting your records! CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of EHM 1.
Forum rules
Data Editing Forum: Editing the game, databases or saved games. Home of the EHM Editor and the EHM Assistant.

Game Add-ons Forum: Database projects, graphics and sounds. Any discussion which does not relate to editing databases or saved games.

Game Knowledge Discussion: Attributes, coaching, drafting, scouting, tactics and training/practice.

Rosters Forum: Discussion relating to all database and roster projects for Eastside Hockey Manager.

TBL Rosters: Discussion, crashes, data issues, questions, etc relating to the TBL Rosters update for Eastside Hockey Manager.

Technical Support: Difficulties, crashes and errors when installing or running the game (and nothing else). Any issues relating to the TBL Rosters must be posted in the TBL Rosters forum. Questions about how to install add-ons must be posted in the Game Add-ons Forum.

General EHM Chat: Anything relating to Eastside Hockey Manager 2004 / 2005 / 2007 / 1 which does not fall within any of the other forums.

Please carry out a forum search before you start a new thread.
TBIF
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canucks

Post by TBIF » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:12 pm

Very very strange year with the Canucks:

I swapped my pick with Tampa since I didn't figure on making the play offs, and the game doesnt handle conditions.

Hovered between 7th and 9th right up to mid January. Figured I'd "retool" and trade away the most recent summer signings from Benning.

Leivo for a third
Roussel for a fourth
Brisebois for a 2nd and 3rd
Ferland to Minny for 1st and 7th
Myers joins Brisebois back in Winnipeg, for a 2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd and a 2020 6th
Benn went to Arizona for a 1st???
Markstrom wouldn't re-sign for a year so he went with Madden to Carolina for Hurricanes and Maple Leafs firsts.
Brian Boyle (FA signing) to Pittsburgh for a third

Traded prospects for Murphy from Chicago, Kinkaid from Montreal, and got Anisimov and a third from Ottawa.

From waivers I grabbed Aston-Reese, Nick Hjarlmarrson, John Hayden, and Pontus Aberg.

Then we just kept winning? Markstrom dropped 5 of his first 6 with Carolina.

We finished 1st in the West, despite gutting the team. Petterson started playing 1.5ppg moving to LW.

First round we go down 3-0, though I wasn't surprised, this team really didn't deserve to be in the play offs anyway. Of course they claw back and win 4 straight.

Comfortably move past Calgary in the second round in 5 games, only to come up to St. Louis, defending champs and 2nd in the West for the conference final match up.

Overtime twice in the first three games, St. Louis was up 3-0 all one goal games. Then Boeser started scoring, and again, the Canucks came back down 3 to win a series.

So a Canucks/Maple Leafs final, obviously we want to win to bump down their draft position since we hold their first round pick. :nerd:

Game 1: OT Loss, Matthews came up big scoring 47 seconds in. Game 2: Canucks looked dominate, Aston-Reese was my player of the game. Canucks dropped game 3 and game 4 moving the series to 3-1.

Little things Loui steps up plays great in game 5 securing the win, while Miller and Boeser play their hearts out to force a game 7. I am utterly exhausted from the season and not even sure I want to see how game 7 goes.

TurboJ
Drafted
Favourite Team: TPS

Post by TurboJ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 pm

TBIF wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:12 pm
So a Canucks/Maple Leafs final, obviously we want to win to bump down their draft position since we hold their first round pick.

Game 1: OT Loss, Matthews came up big scoring 47 seconds in. Game 2: Canucks looked dominate, Aston-Reese was my player of the game. Canucks dropped game 3 and game 4 moving the series to 3-1.

Little things Loui steps up plays great in game 5 securing the win, while Miller and Boeser play their hearts out to force a game 7. I am utterly exhausted from the season and not even sure I want to see how game 7 goes.

^^ It's all the small surprises that make EHM so much fun. I played with the Canucks the last game before starting my story career. Injuries took a third of my core as usual. But lo and behold, Loui Eriksson became my go-to guy. He'd play any position. He even managed 7 avg.rating when I played him as a D for 15 games!

Pettersson as #1C and Horvat as #2 it didn't seem to matter what wingers they had, they just took over and scored as much as was needed at any given time. And next year along came Lafreniere 8-) After that the best season saw Pettersson hit 120 points and Horvat had 93. One season Quinn Hughes had 67 assists when Lafreniere and Pettersson were really on it. The Canucks are fun to play now with the latest roster update. I can see dynasty potential for you too with all those first round picks lined up. It's a deep draft...

MattL41
Junior League
Favourite Team: Braehead Clan

Post by MattL41 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Further to my post on page 62, I have just won the 2020 Stanley Cup with the New Jersey Devils - back-to-back wins after winning in 2019.

I finished 2nd in the East with 51 wins, behind Tampa. In the play-offs I beat Montreal in five games, Philly in seven, Tampa in seven and then Vancouver in seven in the Final. Torey Krug lead us with 10 play off goals. My American league team in Binghamton, which I also manage, finished 3rd overall in AHL points percentage and made it to the Calder Cup Final but were swept by Chicago. Still, progress for a team which has missed the play offs for the last two years and shows some of the results of my drafting over 2017 - 2019.

My cup winning team was Taylor Hall-Nico Hischier-Kyle Palmieri; Marcus Johansson-Tyler Seguin-Jesper Bratt; Pavel Zacha-Travis Zajac-Nick Shore; Kerby Rychel-Adam Glendening-Michael Mersch up front and Jacob Chychrun-Torey Krug; Andy Greene-Damon Severson; Slater Koekkoek-Jan Rutta and Will Butcher on D with Cory Schneider and Keith Kinkaid in goals.

I picked up Seguin as a free agent in November for $4m for the season. He had a point-a-game in the regular season and just under that in the play-offs. I am currently sitting on about $22m cap space for next season but I have Hall, Hischier, Bratt and Butcher to re-sign. I cannot afford both Hall and Seguin. I am in early June 2020 just now and have made no progress all season signing Hall to an extension. He is not telling me what he will take, whereas Seguin is, so if I cannot get Hall tied up in the next week I will sign Seguin instead and Hall will have to walk as a free agent. Too bad, because Hall scored 49 goals in the regular season but I have offered what I can and I cannot risk losing both of them for nothing.

I traded Adam Henrique during the season to Vancouver for their 1st and 2nd round picks, because I needed the cap space to deal with all of these expiring contracts. I have three first round picks in the 2020 draft but two of those (mine and Vancouver) will be 30th and 31st because we met in the Final. I also have Anaheim's which will be top-10. The 2020 draft doesn't look that deep, so I think I will be trying to package 30 and 31 to move up a bit.

Return to “General EHM Chat”