EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
xECK29x
Checking Line
Custom Rank: Premier Pivot Rosters Man
Favourite Team: New York Islanders

Post by xECK29x » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:00 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:40 pm
It's exactly as you say - historical records won't appear in game unless the player exists in the database. This reminds me that I need to check the v1.5 patch changelist to see if this is something that has been fixed. If it hasn't, I'll mention it to Riz as I can't remember whether or not I reported this.
This has been fixed in 1.5

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:00 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:46 pm
Yes just set the Club and Comp to "_none" and the GP to zero. The Editor will then delete the entry when you next save/refresh. This can be done either via the Editor or the importer spreadsheet (you'll need to enter the current Club, Comp, Season and Playoffs in the spreadsheet and then set the Edit Club and Edit Comp to "_none" and GP to zero).
Awesome, thanks I knew there was a workaround I had used before!

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Archi,

Can we add a check or mass-update in the new editor to include teams with no detailed division set and have a mess edit option to quickly fix those by copying League to Detailed Division? We know we ran into errors related to teams not having a detailed division set in the past, would be good to enforce that.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:00 pm

xECK29x wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:00 pm
archibalduk wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:40 pm
It's exactly as you say - historical records won't appear in game unless the player exists in the database. This reminds me that I need to check the v1.5 patch changelist to see if this is something that has been fixed. If it hasn't, I'll mention it to Riz as I can't remember whether or not I reported this.
This has been fixed in 1.5
Great - thank you :thup:
xECK29x wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:44 pm
Archi,

Can we add a check or mass-update in the new editor to include teams with no detailed division set and have a mess edit option to quickly fix those by copying League to Detailed Division? We know we ran into errors related to teams not having a detailed division set in the past, would be good to enforce that.
Sure, will do.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:53 pm

EHM Editor v0.4.1 is now available: https://ehmtheblueline.com/editor

This is a pretty sizeable release with a lot of fixes, tweaks and improvements - see the lengthy changelist below! Much of the work for this update is preparation for the EHM v1.5 update and is currently hidden in the Editor. The EHM v1.5 specific functions will be enabled in a future release of the Editor - so don't try saving your database in v1.5 format or using the additional Potential Ability ranges for now as you'll find that your database won't work with the current EHM.

New Features:
  • Added support for database version 1033 (EHM game version 1.5);
  • Added UTF-8 support when importing (but not exporting) CSV spreadsheets where a byte order mark (BOM) is present
  • Retired number import and export via spreadsheets; and
  • Retired number validation (entries with blank player names are now deleted and the table is now ordered by club ID and jersey number).
Fixes and Improvements:
  • Active clubs with no Professional Status set are flagged as invalid when filtering in the Editor and are highlighted in yellow;
  • Added a 'Delete' button to the Contract Details screen;
  • Added a more detailed error message when the Editor is saving the database;
  • Added a setting to automatically save databases to the latest EHM database version (via Settings -> General) (NOTE: DO NOT ENABLE THIS SETTING UNTIL EHM v1.5 IS RELEASED);
  • Added additional Potential Ability values of -16 to -20 (NOTE: DO NOT USE THESE RANGES UNTIL EHM v1.5 IS RELEASED);
  • Added an error message when trying to add Contract Details to a non-player;
  • Added Birth City filtering to the Players and Staff screen;
  • Added colour validation to prevent invalid/blank colours (note: the database must be re-saved in order to fix existing databases);
  • Added extended logging when updating/refreshing the database;
  • Added logging of rolling save numbers to assist with debugging;
  • Added sorting for historical team name changes;
  • Adding an Extra Rule now automatically shows the Extra Rule selection pop-up window;
  • Adjusted the Players & Non-players spreadsheet export such that the Nations filter will act as a sub-filter when also filtering by Club Competition;
  • Changing database version now changes both of the Current Version and Original Version settings;
  • Clauses fields are now true/false settings;
  • Corrected the club histories export spreadsheet which was exporting the Loss and Tie columns the wrong way round;
  • Corrected the Database Settings title from Header to Settings;
  • Corrected the Nation field on the Editor screen which would flag Afghanistan (id #0) as invalid;
  • Enabled fractional DPI scaling;
  • Extended the log text file limit to 300 lines from 150 lines;
  • Fixed bug with the Player filter resetting when trying to filter by Club Drafted and Club Rights;
  • Fixed minor issue with the Editor attempting to delete zero rows from the Contract Details table if there are no records which require deletion;
  • Fixed the Club field on the Contract Details screen when the Club Contracted changes (NOTE: This was just a cosmetic issue);
  • Improved handling of database versions to ensure compatibility with v1.4.1 and v1.5 format databases;
  • Improvements to the UID validation function including the generation of a log spreadsheet showing all changes made;
  • Merged the Database Header and Game Basic Data screens into a new Data -> Database Settings screen;
  • Minor adjustments to the sizes of labels on the editing screens;
  • Re-enabled logging to the Log screen;
  • Re-enabled the database author field;
  • Resized the ID, UID and Rows fields shown at the foot of each editing screen;
  • Retired number import and export via spreadsheets;
  • Retired number validation (entries with blank player names are now deleted and the table is now ordered by club ID and jersey number);
  • The Detailed Division of every club is automatically set from the club's Division where no Detailed Division has been set;
  • Tidied up the Club Name Changes screen;
  • Tweaked Award Bonus table sorting to fix an invalid comparator error;
  • Upgraded to Qt 5.15; and
  • Widened tab sizes slightly (delete the stylesheet.css file for changes to take effect).

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:57 pm

xECK29x - Just for your information, these are the changes since v0.4.0:
  • Active clubs with no Professional Status set are flagged as invalid when filtering in the Editor and are highlighted in yellow;
  • Added colour validation to prevent invalid/blank colours (note: the database must be re-saved in order to fix existing databases);
  • Corrected the Nation field on the Editor screen which would flag Afghanistan (id #0) as invalid;
  • Enabled fractional DPI scaling; and
  • The Detailed Division of every club is automatically set from the club's Division where no Detailed Division has been set.

ZaZooM
Prospect
Favourite Team: Lokomotiv Yaroslavl / NY Rangers

Post by ZaZooM » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:13 pm

There is “competition history” export.
How to import fixed file in db?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:48 am

ZaZooM wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:13 pm
There is “competition history” export.
How to import fixed file in db?
Click on the Import Spreadsheet button.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:12 am

Getting an error when loading the game using new editor.

V. 1.41 select leagues screen. Cpp 114

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 am

Also when loading v0. 3.7 of editor it now gets stuck on loading finance info screen. Not sure what I've done to be honest

xECK29x
Checking Line

Post by xECK29x » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:12 am
Getting an error when loading the game using new editor.

V. 1.41 select leagues screen. Cpp 114
Check the version of the database you saved, make sure the drop down says version 1025.

nathans
Junior League
Favourite Team: Nottingham

Post by nathans » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 am
Also when loading v0. 3.7 of editor it now gets stuck on loading finance info screen. Not sure what I've done to be honest
Yep sounds like you have saved the database under the new format, not on purpose maybe, this option seems to be automatically selected so you have to go in to the settings to deselect it at the current time before saving anything.

Maybe an idea to update the editor to not have this option ( always save databases using the latest EHM version) automatically selected until 1.5 comes out

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:24 pm

nathans wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 am
Yep sounds like you have saved the database under the new format, not on purpose maybe, this option seems to be automatically selected so you have to go in to the settings to deselect it at the current time before saving anything.

Maybe an idea to update the editor to not have this option ( always save databases using the latest EHM version) automatically selected until 1.5 comes out
Sorry, that ought to be defaulting to disabled for now but I clearly forget to change this after testing. I have uploaded v0.4.2 which fixes this by defaulting it to disabled (and it overwrites any existing 'Enabled' setting upon start-up, albeit you can re-enable it on a session by session basis but I don't recommend it).

You can fix any affected database saved using the v1.5/1033 version by re-loading the database in the v0.4.2 Editor, selecting "EHM 1025" from the Version drop-down menu in the bottom left corner of the Home screen and then saving.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Note to self: Add position filtering to the next Editor release.

tieio
Learning to skate

Post by tieio » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:07 am

Can't seem to get this to work, I installed the redistribution file, the program loads just fine and even loads in my saved game but when I put anything into the search box at the bottom and hit enter, nothing happens.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Could you post a screenshot showing how you are entering your search and how the navigation screen looks?

tieio
Learning to skate

Post by tieio » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 am

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 pm

What does the list down the left hand side say when you're not searching for "anyone"? Is your saved game saved as compressed? The Editor will only work for uncompressed games.

tieio
Learning to skate

Post by tieio » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:17 am

archibalduk wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 pm
What does the list down the left hand side say when you're not searching for "anyone"? Is your saved game saved as compressed? The Editor will only work for uncompressed games.
Yep, that's what it was, thought I had uncompressed saves but had not apparently.
So, next question, say I want to extend a players contract, how do I save that once I add years to the expiring contract? EDIT - NM, read back, I see this cannot be done. ](*,) :-D

Return to “Data Editing Forum”