Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
impiouZzz
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Olimpija

Post by impiouZzz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks for fast response, yeah that was exactly what I was asking. Great read, it will be definetly helpful for some edits I am planning. Unfortunately it was not solution for my case, looks like if you put teams from different leagues in a new league the Team IDs are not working the same way as divisions?... The league does work properly if I create "schedule dates" in stages, however the problem with it is that this seems even more complicated to find exact number of dates that would not interfere with dates from other leagues, and so I always got some dates where 1 team would play 3 or 4 games on the same day. Anyway I'll have to do some digging to get this working.

Filip Croatia
Minor League

Post by Filip Croatia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:31 pm

impiouZzz wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:44 pm
The problem with Slovenian Championship is that it is run parallel with other 2 leagues (IHL and AHL)
And Croatian league as well, because games of croatian teams in IHL are counted for Cro championship as well.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:31 pm

I've noticed that the Russian Pervaya League doesn't go beyond the first season. No play offs are scheduled. I've managed to fix via the editor by adding a different schedule set. Anyone else done anything different using the editor?

XOWolfgang
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Jokerit

Post by XOWolfgang » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:30 pm

I tried to do Finnish league 4 but I can´t go further than start screen when the game says "select league" error. What should I do?

djskek
Checking Line

Post by djskek » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 pm

Hey Archi,

It's about the DEL and DEL2. I have not been able to implement it yet. I have already tried several solutions.

So I want to implement the structure:

From the DEL the last placed (14) should relegate directly into the DEL2. (no Playdowns)

From the DEL2, the champion (the winner of the playoffs) should promote directly into the DEL)

Do you have an idea with which settings that is feasible? I have already written with xECK29x . I have not reached BKArchitect yet.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 pm

I have moved your question to the correct thread.

My suggestion is to get the regular season up and running first. Then add the post-season stages afterwards. Take a look at the NIHL North 1 and 2 and the NIHL South 1 and 2 playable leagues in the TBL Rosters as they have the same structure you want to implement. You need to make sure that each league has the other set as its Upper/Lower League (see the Basic Data tab of the Rules & Structures screen). The DEL should have a "1" set as the Relegation End Place in the regular season stage and you should tick the Process Fate Action setting (both on the Stages tab). On the Rules sub-tab of the Stages tab for the regular season stage, make sure you have ticked the Relegation from stage fate rule.

In the Playoffs stage of the DEL2 you'll need to tick the Promotion from Stage fate rule. Like I say, check the NIHL 1/2 North and South in the 2017/18 TBL Rosters and this should have all you need. Both of those leagues are set up exactly as how you describe for the DEL/DEL2.

djskek
Checking Line

Post by djskek » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:46 am

Thanks Archi. I will look at this.

djskek
Checking Line

Post by djskek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Hey Archi, @all

This part works now. :thup: But now I have the next problem.

In the DEL2:

The last 4 teams play playdown. (Cup Mode) Best of Seven (Stage 3, Relegation)

11 vs 14
12 vs 13

This works. The games are played, but then it does not go on. Later, the game crash.

That's the way it should be:

Two games :

places:

11 vs 14
12 vs 13

best of seven

The winning teams should stay in the DEL2.

The losers play against each other. (Best of seven)
The loser relegate directly to Oberliga and the winner team should stay in the DEL2. For this I have installed a fourth stage. Maybe it works with three stages?

I don't know how to set options/settings. I have already tried a lot. I can not get this system to work.

djskek
Checking Line

Post by djskek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:31 pm

So, the structur works. :joy:

Unfortunately, the matchday dates are still not working correctly.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:54 pm

I can never get the dates to match what I put in the editor. September/ October always packs the fixtures in and sometimes have 5 or 6 games in a row. Tried so many different options in the editor but nothing works. November onwards seems to be fine as do play off dates ect.

Geordie_Bolts
Junior League

Post by Geordie_Bolts » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm

I've used the latest version of the editor and version 3.16 of Eck's rosters to expand the EIHL up to 18 teams. I used the same structure as the Finnish u20's league for schedule as they also have 18 teams but the game is crashing with no error message on October 18th 2018. Any ideas what might be causing it or what I might need to check? Thanks

kev26
Junior League
Favourite Team: Montreal canadiens

Post by kev26 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 am

is there a way to eddit the host team for Canadian Hockey League Memorial Cup, or if it's totaly random. How it's work?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:54 pm
I can never get the dates to match what I put in the editor. September/ October always packs the fixtures in and sometimes have 5 or 6 games in a row. Tried so many different options in the editor but nothing works. November onwards seems to be fine as do play off dates ect.
Yes I know your pain. It seems the game struggles with fixture congestion somewhat. I think adding some additional dates helps to some extent. E.g. if you have a league where each team plays 20 games, try adding something like 25 dates. I mentioned this to Riz last year and I believe he was going to look into it.
Geordie_Bolts wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm
I've used the latest version of the editor and version 3.16 of Eck's rosters to expand the EIHL up to 18 teams. I used the same structure as the Finnish u20's league for schedule as they also have 18 teams but the game is crashing with no error message on October 18th 2018. Any ideas what might be causing it or what I might need to check? Thanks
Take a look through the stages and schedules to ascertain what happens on 17 or 18 October. Usually these sorts of crashes are a result of stages not correctly triggering the next one.
kev26 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 am
is there a way to eddit the host team for Canadian Hockey League Memorial Cup, or if it's totaly random. How it's work?
Click on the Flags tab and you'll see a setting entitled "Pick Hosts from Linked Comps". This tells the game to select a host from the OHL, QMJHL or OHL. I don't think you could pre-set it for a single year.

zbguy
Top Prospect

Post by zbguy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:59 am

In a similar vein, is there a way to change the host for the Olympics or other int'l comps?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:32 am

It is edited in the same way - via the Flags screen. But you cannot assign an individual host AFAIK - you either set a static host (i.e. it will be the same every time) or you use one of the flags to tell EHM how to randomly pick on.

CraftJocke
Junior League
Favourite Team: Karlskrona HK

Post by CraftJocke » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:15 pm

I have been trying to create hockeytvåan (Swe-4) for quite some time now, but have some problems and some questions if it is even possible. I have created Swe-4 by doing two leagues (North-East and South-West) and then a third league where the top 4 teams from both leagues meet in a best of 3 match series. After that, the four winning teams will play qualifying games for hockeyettan (Swe-3). The only problem is that when it is time to draw 4 teams from each league to the third and last league, it does not find any teams. I have been trying to find a solution but have not succeeded yet. Anyone here who wants to help me?

Database:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17krBL ... dCz5TqjozP

Then I have a question whether hockeytvåan is even possible to create? Since the teams should be able to go down from Swe-3, I wonder if teams will be correctly relegated to Swe-4 through this playoff league that the 8 winning teams from Swe-4 end up in?

Return to “Data Editing Forum”