Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1

Discuss all aspects of editing the data in EHM here. Have a question about the Pre Game Editor, editing the .cfg files, hex editing the .dat files? Want to tweak the EHM exe file to change league rules/structure, start date etc? This is the place!
Forum rules
This is the forum to discuss all aspects of editing the EHM data and tweaking the game.

Please note that discussion about roster updates belongs in the Game Add-ons Forum.
archibalduk
TBL Admin Team
Custom Rank: Seaside + Fruit Juice Mode
Favourite Team: Guildford (EPL) / Invicta (NIHL)

Post by archibalduk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:18 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 pm
Somehow I've managed to mess up the 1990 playable NHL and now get the error mentioned below. It pops-up three times but it seems just two teams are missing from the league (Quebec and Winnipeg). I hadn't touched any of the NHL's settings - all I did was tweak the AHL and add the ECHL. So I'm not sure what I've done to cause the error. I have double-checked everything (including the team's Division and Detailed Division settings) and all looks fine. I'll probably start this from scratch at some point seeing as I kept backups of all my spreadsheets.
CUSTOM_LEAGUE::draw_competition() - unable to find all the initial teams (National Hockey League)
It turns out that the game was not loading two of the Canadian teams (the NHL being a US league in the DB) because they did not have any players or staff assigned to them. I had set their player budgets, reputation, etc but I wonder if the reputation setting was not high enough in order for them to be loaded. Enabling the "Add players to playable teams" setting solves the issue in the meantime. The issue should be resolved once I have added some staff.

TBIF
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canucks

Post by TBIF » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Would the 2000-01 AHL/IHL leagues be able to made playable? 20 teams in the AHL and 11 teams in the IHL.

thegreaterikku
Junior League

Post by thegreaterikku » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:44 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:28 pm
Yes it should be possible. As you say, it's just a case of tinkering with a clone of the Memorial Cup.
Thanks for confirming. I tried it for a bit and got errors since I wanted only one stage (maybe I didn't remove everything).. but I'll try adding the Cup finalist of both leagues if it's possible to keep the format to 4 teams.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:37 pm

TBIF wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:17 pm
Would the 2000-01 AHL/IHL leagues be able to made playable? 20 teams in the AHL and 11 teams in the IHL.
The 1990/91 IHL? Yes that's the plan. It is very similar in structure to the 90/91 ECHL which I've setup. The challenge is the schedule which I'm going to have to make myself and won't be 100% accurate.

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but I'll post more details in a separate thread in due course.

TBIF
Junior League
Favourite Team: Canucks

Post by TBIF » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 pm

archibalduk wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:37 pm
TBIF wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:17 pm
The 1990/91 IHL? Yes that's the plan. It is very similar in structure to the 90/91 ECHL which I've setup. The challenge is the schedule which I'm going to have to make myself and won't be 100% accurate.

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but I'll post more details in a separate thread in due course.
I'm slowly working on a 2000-01 Season mod, but haven't completely got league structures down yet. If you can get the 90-91 season to work then I'm sure the 2000's would be fine.

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:02 am

TBIF wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 pm
I'm slowly working on a 2000-01 Season mod, but haven't completely got league structures down yet. If you can get the 90-91 season to work then I'm sure the 2000's would be fine.
Ah I see. You might have a bit more luck with the schedules than I given that there are probably more readily available records for the 2000/01 season online. I have been able to piece together most of the ECHL 90/91 schedule using dropyourgloves.com and some photos of printed schedules for sale on ebay. I think all I'm missing now are 13 games for the Erie Panthers. I can probably approximate it, but I'd rather find the actual schedule because it can get a bit fiddly trying to find suitable dates in which to insert the missing games. I've actually been able to locate schedules in online newspaper archives but you have to pay in order to view them - and I'm not willing to go to that length!

It looks like you *might* be able to obtain the IHL's 2000/01 schedule on the old IHL website via the Internet Archive here: https://web.archive.org/web/20010603113 ... index.html

echl.com and echl.org are also available on the Internet Archive and I expect ahl.com is too. So you might be able to locate the 2000/01 schedules that way. Unfortunately there isn't any material dating back to 1990/91 for my purposes.

Avery03C
Learning to skate
Favourite Team: Oilers

NHL/KHL Merge Game Crash

Post by Avery03C » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 am

So after much trial and tribulation, I've successfully created a 60 team NHL. 31 NHL teams, 29 KHL teams. Finally I no longer get the "can't find all initial teams(National Hockey League). But now after picking a team to launch into the game with, the game crashes. I'm so close to getting this to work, anyone know what I need to do from here?

Geordie_Bolts
Junior League

EHM 1 Database & Saved Game Editor

Post by Geordie_Bolts » Sun May 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Hey everyone, just a quick question around adding/editing leagues. I can't seem to see it mentioned anywhere else on here but what impact doe the "League Classification" (Domestic League, Domestic College, Domestic Junior U20 etc) have on how the league functions? Does it impact on how that league's player recruitment works for example?
Thanks for any insight you can provide :-)

plaaplaa72
Junior League

Post by plaaplaa72 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:08 pm

Hey, i've tried to add Relegation playoffs between to leagues (Lowest finish in upper leaguevs. playoff champion in the lower, 7 games to determine promotion/relegation, or staying in their respective leagues)

But i can't manage to make it work when i select both leagues at the start of a save. If i only select the upper league, the Relegation Playoffs appear, and work great. But if i select both the upper and lower leagues as playable leagues, the Relegation Playoffs never start.

Any advice?

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 pm

The most common issues I have encountered when trying to create playable leagues are:
  1. A stage not completing before the next stage is triggered (e.g. because the preceding stage does not complete all of its games before the next stage and/or the preceding stage does not identify who should progress to the next stage);
  2. A stage failing to trigger the next stage; and
  3. Failing to draw the correct number of teams from one stage to another.
Based on what you're saying, it seems that the upper league is working okay (or it could be that the issue with the upper league is only caused when the lower league is running - but I'll assume not for now). This sounds like the relevant stage of the lower league is not completed before the upper league's relegation playoffs begin. I.e. it the lower league's playoffs are not complete before the relegation playoffs are triggered and/or before the draw date of the relegation playoffs.

Things I suggest checking:
  • What is the date on which the final game of the lower league playoffs will take place if you assume that the series goes down to its final game? E.g. if it is a seven game series, on what date is Game #7?
  • In the Schedule Dates setting for the relegation playoffs, what is the Draw Date? This should be no earlier than the same date as Game #7 of the lower league playoffs because otherwise there will be no playoff winning team to be drawn into the relegation playoffs.
  • Have you set up the relevant Upper Competition and Lower Competition on the Basic Data tab of each playable league?
  • In the relegation playoffs stage, have you included the stage number of the lower league playoffs in the Extra Stage To Draw Teams From setting?
  • Have you set the relevant Fate Rules for the lower league's playoffs? IIRC these should be set to "Champions" and "Promotion From Stage".

archibalduk
TBL Admin Team

Post by archibalduk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Random snippet of information: If you want to create a league using the 2014/15 EIHL style with three simultaneous stages consisting of two conference stages plus an overall standings stage which acts as an inter conference schedule stage, you must set the Detailed Division of each club to the appropriate conference. You cannot just use the pre-set generic conference names in Rules & Structures but must instead create the conferences via the Club Competitions tab. If the clubs do not have an appropriate conference set via Detailed Division then you'll get an error in EHM saying "Cannot create inter conference schedule".

Note that this style of setup only works with a two conference league AFAIK. When I expanded the EIHL to a three conference setup, I had to remove the overall standings stage as it seemingly couldn't create an inter conference schedule. I had to use a schedule template instead.

Hockeyiow86
Junior League
Favourite Team: Wightlink Raiders

Post by Hockeyiow86 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am

archibalduk wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm
Hockeyiow86 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:54 pm
I can never get the dates to match what I put in the editor. September/ October always packs the fixtures in and sometimes have 5 or 6 games in a row. Tried so many different options in the editor but nothing works. November onwards seems to be fine as do play off dates ect.
Yes I know your pain. It seems the game struggles with fixture congestion somewhat. I think adding some additional dates helps to some extent. E.g. if you have a league where each team plays 20 games, try adding something like 25 dates. I mentioned this to Riz last year and I believe he was going to look into it

Arch.... I think a found a solution for this. Certainly works with the new schedule editor. If you set the priority to -2 instead of 0 or -1 is puts the schedule exactly how you want it

Return to “Data Editing Forum”